Psyfer to WRG NSMB release patch

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by FAST6191, Jun 22, 2006.

1. FAST6191
    OP

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    As the topic says I made a patch to convert the psyfer release into the WRG patched release.

I have a new site over at 4shared.com which should be somewhat better than my lycos site:
    http://www.4shared.com/dir/514850/ef8a1bee/sharing.html

The site appears as a virtual directory and the file you want is called is called nsmbpatch.zip.
    What happened is WRG released a patched version of the ROM so it would work on normal flashcarts but when people tried to make an IPS/NINJA patch it got pointlessly large. This xdelta is a few hundred KB and so perfectly fine for distribution.

You will need xdelta:
    http://evanjones.ca/software/xdelta-win32.html

In this zip there is a file called WRG.patch, have this file, the unzipped NSMB rom (I have included a rename command so as long as it has a .nds extension name will not matter), and the following batch code made up into a batch file. Run the batch file and it up should come a file called NSMBWRG.nds.gba: this is your patched file.

Batch code:
    Code:
    rename *.nds NSMB.nds
    xdelta patch WRG.patch NSMB.nds NSMBWRG.nds.gba
    Despite my strong aversion to smilies, [​IMG] to WRG and Psyfer.

Oh and if I get bored I will see if I can reverse engineer the patch to get the Japanese version working. Oh and I will put the French translation on my new site in a few minutes.

Attached Files:

2. CeeDee

CeeDee Doing The Best I Can

GBAtemp Patron
    CeeDee is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 4, 2014
    United States
    You don't need it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice