PS1/2 PSX won't play games after mm3 installation/reassembly

ThisGuyOG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished modding my 5501 ps1 with the Multi Mode 3 chip. I reassembled the ps1 back to what it was before. I put in a legit game,Metal Gear Solid, into my ps1. Then it show'd "Please Insert Playstation CD-ROM". How do I fix this?

ThisGuyOG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You did something wrong. Retrace your steps, some pics would help
It turns out I overheated my modchip lol. I used 45 watts instead of 15 watts causing a heating to both the modchip as well as the board. So I have a new psx arriving in the mail this week as well as a new modchip.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
It turns out I overheated my modchip lol. I used 45 watts instead of 15 watts causing a heating to both the modchip as well as the board. So I have a new psx arriving in the mail this week as well as a new modchip.
wouldn't be nicer\easier to have a psx with the modchip already installed?

Reactions: invaderyoyo

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're pretty cheap even with the modchip installed already. I managed to get one on Craigslist with a modchip already installed and two controllers for $15.

It came with an old modchip, though since some games won't play. Spyro: Year of the Dragon is the only one I've had this issue with.

Does the mm3 have this problem?

ThisGuyOG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're pretty cheap even with the modchip installed already. I managed to get one on Craigslist with a modchip already installed and two controllers for $15.

It came with an old modchip, though since some games won't play. Spyro: Year of the Dragon is the only one I've had this issue with.

I think Spyro is an anti-modchip game

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

There's a crack for that game, see if it works for you?

Lazarus666

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed a mm3 mod chip in my scph 1001 and if I plug it up it’ll work with burnt games but gets stuck on loading screen with official games but after about 10 mins the chip I guess gets hot or the clock inside the chip does something weird so then I have to unplug the power to the ps for about 10 mins or so to reset the pic chip I guess idk so after I do that it’ll play burnt games again and still not official soon as I go to change the disc it does the same thing over and over again here’s a pic of my install I guess I’ve done it right I’ve looked up the 12C509 which is the one I have there were two ways to install it a 4 wire config and a 7 wire config I did both with same results
Post automatically merged:

Here’s the 7 wire config and the 4 wire config as of right now I got the 7 wire config on it.

Attachments

• 58EC6075-9440-4766-87A5-C59D374754B1.jpeg
    58EC6075-9440-4766-87A5-C59D374754B1.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 7E6DC40C-75DD-459D-81A5-83560BFAEDDE.jpeg
    7E6DC40C-75DD-459D-81A5-83560BFAEDDE.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • 8F31C6EE-5514-46F2-BD87-7FD4B222F84E.jpeg
    8F31C6EE-5514-46F2-BD87-7FD4B222F84E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16

ThisGuyOG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed a mm3 mod chip in my scph 1001 and if I plug it up it’ll work with burnt games but gets stuck on loading screen with official games but after about 10 mins the chip I guess gets hot or the clock inside the chip does something weird so then I have to unplug the power to the ps for about 10 mins or so to reset the pic chip I guess idk so after I do that it’ll play burnt games again and still not official soon as I go to change the disc it does the same thing over and over again here’s a pic of my install I guess I’ve done it right I’ve looked up the 12C509 which is the one I have there were two ways to install it a 4 wire config and a 7 wire config I did both with same results
Post automatically merged:

Here’s the 7 wire config and the 4 wire config as of right now I got the 7 wire config on it.
This is so crazy. After all these years, one of the wires on my install came off, so I am in the midst of resoldering myself. I'm thinking of just getting an Xstation on a spare ps1 just for the fun of it!

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If I remember correctly it is the pin called GATE-WFCK. It is responsible for stopping the actual signal from the CD (drive) coming through. Modchip signal + legit CD signal at once = garbage → Rejection of legit CD.

Reactions: zfreeman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: