PS1/2 PSX USB Box

spas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am considering buying a ps2 usb converter box and the ps2 controller from play-asia but was wondering if anybody had gave them I good try.

I want to have a old skool gaming year playing those PSX essentials on the list below.

SO the burning questions:

Does epsxe have good support for these?
Have well do they work? (do the sticks work well does the rumble work)
Is it worth me getting a 2 port one instead of the single port (it is cheaper)?
Do you guys have any suggestions on a good model? (I do have my eye on one from play-asia)

This is the one I was planning on going for:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-6m-49-en-70-qc3.html

Comments?
Help?

Thank You!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do not have that one (I have one of these: http://www.rockfire.com.tw/product/accessorymain.htm (drop it back to .tw to see the main site)) and I dare say it is the best PC pad I have ever used (I would sooner call a nes pad ergonomic than even a moderate price PC pad most of the time): FPS titles (halo and Jedi knight the main 2) through RPGs and what passes for PC beat em ups have been played using it.

Some say they lag but personally I have not seen it.

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
Okay.

I have the Hkems EMS Triolinker (Connect GC, PS2 or DC pad, but not at the same time) which is excellent and even has a macro program, I bought it from liksang which I'm sure everyone knows is now deufnct.

Secondly, due to my Pro Evolution addiction, I also purchased something similar to what you originally linked to, almost identical in fact, save that its translucent blue and less than a quarter of the price, along with free shipping

http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.789

As for the PS2 pad, no idea but I'd get an official either way. As for lag, never had it, the best investment I ever made, regretting that £20 pos. PC gamepad I bought now.

spas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers guys it would appear that the products you have shown me are the same as many I have seen accept brandless so im guessing the quality for all is pretty much the same.

Definatly going for offical apart from madcats 3rd party pads are a little on the dogdy side.

omkire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think this would be great if you have friends that play with you.
http://www.ddrgame.com/pl2psxtopcus1.html i have this one for 2 years already and it works perferct. we like playing goldeneye on the pc
biggrin.gif

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Get an official PS2 controller, they are so much tougher than the 3rd party ones. I've been through 4 3rd party controllers that stopped working, but my official ones keep chugging along.

spas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thats the one I was thinking of getting just a little different looking off play asia.

cheers

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a 'Super Dual Box' which looks almost identical to the one RAM linked to, works perfectly, can't fault it. Before that I had a cheap single port converter which was just as good... gave it to a friend as I no longer needed it. So yeah there's not much difference between these adaptors... but if it helps, all the ones on Play-Asia are made by Mayflash or EMS - which are the biggest and best manufacturers for these adaptors.

smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup