PSX modchip problem...

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Harsky, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    It's strange I know. Who would want to chip a playstation nowadays? Well, I was at www.Eurasia.nu and I saw a cheap Playstation modchip so I bought one to chip my PSone. I bought the MM3 EUR at first (my PSone is PAL) but when I installed in my PSone, it would only run the PAL games but any Japanese/American games wouldn't run at all. The strange thing was, when I removed the chip from the PSone and put it into a spare old style Playstation I had, it ran all my ISOs without a problem.

So I thought it was a blip. Nothing much. Didn't lose an arm and a leg over it so I decided to buy a different chip. More specific, this one:

http://www.eurasia.nu/shop/product_info.ph...products_id=275

The Onechip. And it even states

Well, it arrived today. I soldered it in as instructed... and it was the same problem. Runs PAL cds but none of my NTSC cds. Sadly, since this is an old thing, I can't find much info on how to sort it so does anyone know why the onechip is only running PAL cds?

2. Tanas

Tanas GBAtemp Addict

Aug 19, 2006
    Is that the 6 wire mod?

3. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    The instruction I downloaded from the site is weird.

I downloaded it and read the instruction if the PSone is a SCPH102 (which is my one according to the label on my psone) and it had a 8 wire mod... but the board in the picture is completely different and if I read the instruction for the SCPH101 version, the board is the exact same one as the one on my PSone. Using logic, I put the onechip into my console using the instruction for SCPH101. I can't use the SCPH102 instruction because there was a point missing on my board

4. Tanas

Tanas GBAtemp Addict

Aug 19, 2006