1. Dingoo-fan 32

Dingoo-fan 32 GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Good news, PSX games are always welcome.

2. ThatDudeWithTheFood

United States
    Thats what is gonna happen.
    It always happens.

1 person likes this.
  3. Zerosuit connor

Zerosuit connor Baby I'm Back ♥

I love the fact that the Vita will probably get more PSX games in a fortnight than what the PlayStation Phone (Xperia Play) Has in it's entire PSN, especially when the Xperia Play's most prominent feature is it's gamepad and the fact that PSX games can be downloaded and played using that. Not impressed.

1 person likes this.
  4. DSGamer64

DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Unless they have a good selection of games, I doubt I will get any PS1 classics for my Vita.

5. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Only if they are dirt cheap I'll even consider this. I have them on my PSP already anyways, very pleased with that (actually playing through Tales of Phantasia as we speak), but it's a nice feature, not more.

6. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Former Staff
    Former Staff

Djibouti
    Dirt cheap? Don't count on it. Since it's transferable between PS3, PSP, and Vita, it would have to be priced the same all around.

7. ferofax

ferofax End of the World

Xperia Play is the bastard child of Sony and Ericsson. Hovering over the idea is salt on old wounds already. I think they're pretty much done with that pseudo-platform.

But if Sony and Ericsson held on long enough, they could have made the end-all-be-all of portables. Imagine the PSVita with full-on app and phone capabilities, not just that mangled half-assed 3G connection. That could have given the iPhone a real run for its money on the gaming side of things.

Anyways, PSX on the Vita is pretty much a moot point, one that everyone expected, some are eagerly anticipating, with the rest shrugging it off.

8. shakirmoledina

Tanzania
    so there aint gonna be a ff7 remake on the vita thats for sure.

9. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    There isn't going to be a FFVII remake. Period.

10. Issac

Issac I
    Supervisor

Sweden
    The FFVII PC-re-release came a few days ago though. Was sad it wasn't on steam. (I don't like to buy downloadable games out of steam and consoles digital distribution)

11. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Wasn't that just a port of an older version of the game? That would be different from a remake.

1 person likes this.
  12. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Yeah, it was just a re-release. All they did was add some basic PC functions and achievements. Not really a remake.

13. insidexdeath

United Kingdom
    I don't understand why it's bothering too many people that the Vita wasn't able to play PSOne Classics, sure this is going to be a nice addition, but I'm pretty sure who ever owns a Vita owns a PSP which is capable of playing PSOne Classics.

14. Issac

Issac I
    Supervisor

Sweden
    Yes, it's a re-release. Like I said. Or a port might be a better word to use, since they made it compatible with newer systems, and added some achievements and cheats. (Didn't they up the resolution as well or so?)

EDIT:
    I won't say it bothered me, but I do think it's nice to be able to play it on the vita.
    I own a PSP, but have such a small memory card (and it's a real bother finding those memory cards here) so I don't play PSX games on it. I also thought it was a complicated procedure to import games, and connect to some store... bah. I wasn't interested enough.
    However, Downloadable (Retail) PSP titles can be played on PSP and PSV!
    Downloadable PSN games for PSP can be played on PSP and PSV!
    Downloadable PSX titles can be played on PS3, PSP and.... not PSV? I think it's that which bothered some. Some might want to have their collection in one system, instead of bringing both a PSP and PSV in case they feel like playing a PSX game?

Now, I don't complain at anything here! These are just random thoughts about it.
    (and to avoid the fanboy-war that my comments might spark, I know that the nintendo handhelds doesn't have the best backwards compatibility. they only go back one "generation". and I don't think think it's a bad thing. I don't think the vita not being able to play PSX is a bad thing either. I think it's nice to see that it can play PSP games at all!)

15. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.
    Chief Editor

This is great news I wonder if PSX titles will have any optimization features like the PSP games do on Vita (bilinear filtering, right stick mapping etc?).

What's everyone gonna play first? Apart from FFVII and Chrono Cross lol

16. Issac

Issac I
    Supervisor

Sweden
    FFVIII :P Nah, I'd Probably play Silent Hill

17. shakirmoledina

Tanzania
    we need a dislike button :(

18. http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=453058

Likely Dragon Quest but you can dream. (3ds though)

Edit:
    And then I read the last part of that. A spinoff was recently released for the 3DS, Theaterhythm: Final Fantasy. o:

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Games,