PSX Cores in Retro-Arch Crash my App (Android)

BagOBones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,

I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S21. And I installed RetroArch on it. I mainly wanted to play my collection of PSX ROMs sitting on my old laptop and thought they could finally be of good use. I got the rest of my emulators to work. Mainly SNES, NES, ATARI2600, N64, SEGA MEGADRIVE, etc. I even got a playlist for each console in my home. But when I tried to import my PSX ROMs for its own playlist something wasn't working... My files weren't being read in the directory. I thought that was weird but then I decided to just run them via the "Load Content" option. No big deal. BUT...when I tried to load a ROM up and then I selected a PSX core. My app crashes itself and boots me back to my app hub. I've been trying to figure out some sort of solution to this problem for a flippin' week now and I'm still just as lost as ever. I know it's not my bios I did everything I needed for that. I put them in the correct directory. (Retroarch < system < put BIOs here) If anyone has experience with Android emulation, please lend me a helping hand. I REALLY want to play Crash 2 lmao. Thanks. :)

-Bones

CrossOut

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i do not know anything about Retro-Arch and such but i found these posts online that may help you? "Problem solved, turns out I forgot to trust the ZIP file before extracting RetroArch. Thanks for the help everyone! "Are you using shaders or overlays? Disable them"

"You sure you're loading the .cue file and not the .bin file by mistake? Which BIOS file(s) is the core picking up? Are they all in lowercase, including the extension?"
scph5500.bin scph5501.bin scph5502.bin

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: I couldn't really get into moon it's too different for my likes