PSX Classic Mini - Autobleem 0.9.0

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know but how I got my save to work on disc 2 of dragon quest/warrior was by renaming the save. Saves are essentially memory card images that start with SC in ascii. Goes on for 0x2000 length/block. Very easy to manipulate.

Reactions: johw

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't know but how I got my save to work on disc 2 of dragon quest/warrior was by renaming the save. Saves are essentially memory card images that start with SC in ascii. Goes on for 0x2000 length/block. Very easy to manipulate.
Is it easy to make the memory card larger than 15 blocks, or is that hard-coded?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure, I doubt it. memory cards are actually 16 blocks with the first being a toc, so it's 128KBs per memory card with each block being 8KB. you can manipulate it with other saves by just creating a fake save to index it in toc, then hexing in the save, which is what I did, so I got an actual memory card save using ulaunch.elf to work with psx classic. I don't think you can make it larger. at least, I've never seen anything that suggested you could. you can make ps2 memory cards up to like 32MBs or so on the ps3, I think, but I've never tried it. 64MBs+ is unstable or something from what I've heard.

Reactions: zfreeman and johw

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the reason it has to be indexed is that the name of the save isn't located in the save itself. I think it's done by the elf file of the game.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure, I doubt it. memory cards are actually 16 blocks with the first being a toc, so it's 128KBs per memory card with each block being 8KB. you can manipulate it with other saves by just creating a fake save to index it in toc, then hexing in the save, which is what I did, so I got an actual memory card save using ulaunch.elf to work with psx classic. I don't think you can make it larger. at least, I've never seen anything that suggested you could. you can make ps2 memory cards up to like 32MBs or so on the ps3, I think, but I've never tried it. 64MBs+ is unstable or something from what I've heard.
Yeah, the PS2 might have a 32MB hardlimit. Kind of like how memory cards larger than 32GB on the PSP get unstable.

Reactions: johw and godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a PILE of 1MB memory cards for my PS1 as a teen, thanks to RPG Maker using so much fucking space for the artwork. :cry:
did they fail? I'm not sure how to make a larger card or if it's possible. retroarch on the psx classic makes them the right size. I don't recall a way to increase it in settings. I haven't found that ability on any system that uses psx memory cards either, so I dunno.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot who told me this, but apparently, most, though not all, cases saves are convertible to other systems. systems usually use the same saves just with added protection for however their security works. some systems like the wii u use no real protection. lol

johw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I forgot who told me this, but apparently, most, though not all, cases saves are convertible to other systems. systems usually use the same saves just with added protection for however their security works. some systems like the wii u use no real protection. lol
I don't use project eris because the settings are very difficult to move the autobleem is easier

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought my system from here iirc, since I didn't think about how difficult it would be to mod, but I had to have a crash course on my own with how to work retroarch and project eris. it's very easy actually, so I don't know why I bought it. hacking the psx classic can either with be with an otg or a flash drive in the second controller port. that's something I learned along my way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise