PSX Chips

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by TLSpartan, Aug 17, 2007.

1. TLSpartan
    OP

TLSpartan Kills threads

Oct 20, 2006
    Hello guys and/or girls

I will be going around to a mates place who has 100's of burnt PSX games. If it turns out my PSX is not chipped I will chip it myself. I cant find PSX modchips annywhere cheap. I heard ages ago about one that used a PIC(which I could program at school if I had to). I would rather get a normal modchip though. Can somebody please help me? [​IMG]

2. ediblebird

ediblebird GBAtemp Fan

Aug 22, 2006
  3. TLSpartan
    OP

TLSpartan Kills threads

Oct 20, 2006
    I saw that before ediblebird. It looks like the cheapest. I assume I will buy the Europe one since it is the only PAL one. Do you know how much shipping is to Melbourne?

4. xabier

xabier GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2006
    I thought that all psx chips were PICs mine was

5. OSW

OSW Wii King

Former Staff
    Oct 30, 2006
    aww man, any chance if u get a hold of those disks you can burn me some [​IMG] !!

my internet bandwidth is crap, so i'd pay you. I'd even go down to seaford to get them!

sorry for the off-topic-ness [​IMG]

6. ediblebird

ediblebird GBAtemp Fan

Aug 22, 2006
    Registered Airmail Airmail USD $7.00
    Express Mail Service EMS USD $30.00
    United Parcel Service UPS USD $55.00

Not that good cost, but seeing that the chip only costs $4.00 US, its not terrible

7. Issac

Issac oh!

Global Moderator
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    any tips on installing that thing??
    (like, if all pins are used except one of them, what should I do with it? nothing? tape it?
    and where should the chip go? just lie around in there? tape it somewhere??)

8. TLSpartan
    OP

TLSpartan Kills threads

Oct 20, 2006
    Hooray for cash converters. Its chipped.I whacked in a copy of Army Men and it booted. Now its time to amass games from friends [​IMG] .

1000th Post [​IMG]

9. Issac

Issac oh!

Global Moderator
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    hmm... spartan... was it easy to chip it?
    I have this model:
    http://www.gamefreax.de/gamefreax/root/_MA...3/SCPH_700x.htm
    and what I'd like to know is....
    where the hell goes number 4 and 6?
    6 is the leftmost pin on that little chip i guess (but how to Just solder that pin easily?)
    but 4?

pleaseplease give me tips on installing, [​IMG] (and congratulations)

10. TLSpartan
    OP

TLSpartan Kills threads

Oct 20, 2006
    I didnt chip it Issac. Iwanted to, but it was already chipped. I can help you though. If you havent already soldererd it, put in a IC holder(A.K.A Chip holder). This way it wont wreck the chip. 4 goes on the end of that SMD by the looks of that picture. Get the lowest temperature soldering iron you can find( I have Goot 13 Watt at home for IC's). Get the smallest tip you can find(I have a 0.2mm tip for my Goot iron). Have a solder sucker handy. Anything else you need help with?

EDIT-Tape the Chip to the bottom of the PSONE(on the metal).Use some double sided tape) You could snip off the extra leg(check 3 times before you do it though because you will be pissed if you snip the wrong one off [​IMG] )

11. Issac

Issac oh!

Global Moderator
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    okay thanks!! [​IMG] I'll see how it goes... just ordered the chip and some wire...
    scary things [​IMG]

Ehydit: I have a 15 W at home, with a good point that looks like a newly sharpened pencil [​IMG]