PSVR Spoof Under Golden 2.0b

jytee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, just thought I'd knock this out there in case anyone cares!

On the AIO PS4 Exploit Guide page "aio-ps4-exploit-guide.497858"
Clipboard01.png
it states PSVR Spoof works under Goldhen 2.0b

I can confirm it does NOT "yet" - when switching on the headset it asks for the firmware to be updated (my firmware is 4.10 and under 9.00 it still insists on an update to 5.0 before it will go any further)
My unit was previously on 6.72 and worked flawlessy.

I have 2 consoles, 1x9.00 and 1x5.05 so if the firmware on the headset was to be upgraded it would no longer work on the 5.05, hence the need for the spoof.

Anyone else confirm? if not, might be wise to amend the page above and put a ticket on :wink:

Last edited by jytee,
Reactions: zfreeman

jytee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If I update the headset, it WILL work on the 9.00 console but not the 5.05
It may sound picky (its not meant to be) but under 6.72 the headset was spoofed to bypass the firmware check - or so I believe?) so worked flawlessly

I'm also guessing that getting it to update the headset firmware isn't too difficult as I would think it is already embedded into the 9.00 firmware (or every firmware that its been in for that matter)

Thanks for the reply by the way....

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. Yeah I guess first we need to find out when the FW was updated on the headset.... Mine works on 7.55 but ONLY when running HEN. Didnt try it under 9.0 yet...

Just test on 9.0 and it works fine. I was on 7.55 but it only ever worked with goldhen. Working with 9.0 goldhen as well.

What does that tell us? Is the PSVR out of date if it only works under goldhen?

Last edited by viper3344,

jytee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm gonna guess your headset is on firmware 5.00 or 6.00 then?
Can you confirm please?

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, i updated to 9.00 and also updated my VR to whichever it asked me to. Everything works without issue. My PS4 is only really used for VR so you can trust me when i say it works :)

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just checked. Its on FW 5.0 Interestingly enough, when i was on 7.55 normal boot mode it said I needed an update. On Goldhen it worked fine.
Now that I updated to both its working on both???

What is the latest PSVR FW anyway?

cualquiercosa327

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, the latest psvr Fimware is 5.0
Both headset and processor unit must have the same version. You can update (if you need it) with GoldHEN.

On OF 6.75 the headset ask to update the fw, but loading GoldHEN will solve it
Post automatically merged:

Guys, just thought I'd knock this out there in case anyone cares!

On the AIO PS4 Exploit Guide page "aio-ps4-exploit-guide.497858" View attachment 289952 it states PSVR Spoof works under Goldhen 2.0b

I can confirm it does NOT "yet" - when switching on the headset it asks for the firmware to be updated (my firmware is 4.10 and under 9.00 it still insists on an update to 5.0 before it will go any further)
My unit was previously on 6.72 and worked flawlessy.

I have 2 consoles, 1x9.00 and 1x5.05 so if the firmware on the headset was to be upgraded it would no longer work on the 5.05, hence the need for the spoof.

Anyone else confirm? if not, might be wise to amend the page above and put a ticket on :wink:

Probably you update your processor unit when you update your fw but the headset were no connected

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0