Hacking (psvpfstools) Trying to get an old Persona 4 Golden Save to work on a new PSN account

WannaBeSomething

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I have are the psvimg, psvinf, and psvmd files and the account key (and subsequently the AID). I need to extract the save data and then encrypt it into a new file under a new psn account that I've been using for a good half-decade. I think the tool I need to use is psvpfstools but reading through the github is exhausting and not really helpful for greenhorn like myself. Can anyone help me out?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you may be able to decrypt it in vita shell. I've never personally done this. what I did to transfer saves is decrypt the save with save manager under the original account, then reencrypt it under a different account. I think you may need to erase the patch afterwards too, because saves, at least were, redirected to the data folder. deleting the patch in vita shell will force them to be read from the default location ux0:user/00/savedata/title id. some saves are weird like the tales of hearts one. I think it uses the European title id, yet the American id is present. I think I played around with it for a bit, and changing the American one yielded failure. changing the European saves worked. you may need to create a save first with the game to overwrite it, because I think saves need to be indexed. this is also how it works on the ps4.

WannaBeSomething

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now if I could only get the save manager to work...for whatever reason I can't press any buttons or navigate the menu. I have a ps tv, and am pretty sure my config file is correct and is in the correct spot.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the save manager I used is an app, not a plugin. I don't like the way it's set up now. btw, if you use that, you may have to change the name of the save. I think I had to do that, because I decrypted the save a long time ago for mai dump tool. the new versions of save manager look in a different location and possibly under a different file name than the older ones, but changing the names and location worked without issue. dlc works with it too.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might not need to change them if you're using the same version. I was using a newer version than the one where I decrypted the saves. I'm not sure what to do if you no longer use or have the account that made the save. however, I've heard that vita shell can decrypt saves.

Reactions: WannaBeSomething

ZeroSene

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
By default save manager use touch screen, you must change it setting to use button if using PS TV, press Start or Select i think
Vitashell let you see the save, not decrypt it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is a problem. you may need the account that made that save. I've successfully migrated my saves to a different account, but the account that I made the saves on had them already decrypted. I was moving from a banned account to a fresh one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: