Hacking Psvita wifi keeps disconnect any help?

Th3one

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I have this problem with my wifi on the vita. That it will turn off out of no where. For example if im using vitashell and use the ftp server to pass some files the connection will drop because wifi get disconnected. This also happens in autoplugin and even In the network settings if I go and connect and wait there the wifi will disconnect and not connect again.

-I'm using 3.60 with enso.
-I have tried erasing the network and connecting again.
-I have tried 3 different wifi networks including my phones hotspot all have this problem.
-i check and the power saving things is off on the wifi.
- I tried turning the vita on with out enabling plugins and still wifi keeps disconnecting.

I have 3 ps vita 2 of them do the same thin one slim and one fat 3g model. The third vita Is a fat model but wifi stays connected all the time idk what's wrong. I search online and it said to rebuild data base. What could happen if I do this

Th3one

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could be that the wifi antenna on the ones with the problem needs to be replaced.
Thank you for the reply. But it's weird. If I go in a game and sign in to my playstation network and play online it stays connected. I tried playing minecraft just to test it and I played for around 30 minutes and it didnt disconnect. So idk why it disconnects on the network settings page. And if I'm using auto plugin and vitashell

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the reply. But it's weird. If I go in a game and sign in to my playstation network and play online it stays connected. I tried playing minecraft just to test it and I played for around 30 minutes and it didnt disconnect. So idk why it disconnects on the network settings page. And if I'm using auto plugin and vitashell
hmm.. it may be a long shot, but go into recovery mode and try to rebuild the data base. if that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas then. I've never heard of this happening either :unsure:

Th3one

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm.. it may be a long shot, but go into recovery mode and try to rebuild the data base. if that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas then. I've never heard of this happening either :unsure:
Thanks and how do I enter recovery mode? And do I loose anything like enso or anything like that?

Th3one

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this link is how to enter recovery/safe mode https://www.playstation.com/en-au/g...stem-stability/safe-mode-on-playstation-vita/ if your games seem to be gone after booting, go into vitashell and click refresh live area. you may also need to reconfigure your config.txt to how you had it
Oh thanks alot this helps alot. Also one more thing by config.txt I haven't put any thing on the config is the for the plugins? If so I can always delete those and start from scratch. I got all of then on autoplugin

Th3one

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this link is how to enter recovery/safe mode https://www.playstation.com/en-au/g...stem-stability/safe-mode-on-playstation-vita/ if your games seem to be gone after booting, go into vitashell and click refresh live area. you may also need to reconfigure your config.txt to how you had it

You wont believe this I did the rebuild data base and still having this problem. I went into power saving mode and enable wifi in power save mode. And it's working like it should idk what's going on. And on my third vita the setting is disable and it's working fine.

Last edited by Th3one,

lucks

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It seems fine to me, if the connection is not active (ie in use) it will disconnect from the network.

My vitas do this since day one, even if the ftp is active, if you are not transferring files the connection will be closed.

You have a problem if the connection drops when in use.

Maybe there is a setting like keep alive or it needs to be added to homebrews or a plugin if this annoys you so much.

I think it s a thing of the OS itself for whatever reasons

Th3one

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems fine to me, if the connection is not active (ie in use) it will disconnect from the network.

My vitas do this since day one, even if the ftp is active, if you are not transferring files the connection will be closed.

You have a problem if the connection drops when in use.

Maybe there is a setting like keep alive or it needs to be added to homebrews or a plugin if this annoys you so much.

I think it s a thing of the OS itself for whatever reasons
i see but ya it was droping when transfering files over ftp as well

lucks

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In that case it could be a hw issue or some dust?
I don t think it will fix the problem, but you can try to reinstall fw 3.60 and factory reset.

If you have the same issue with no enso and henkaku, then you are sure it is hw

Th3one

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that case it could be a hw issue or some dust?
I don t think it will fix the problem, but you can try to reinstall fw 3.60 and factory reset.

If you have the same issue with no enso and henkaku, then you are sure it is hw
enable wifi in power save mode. And it's working like it should idk what's going on. And on my third vita the setting is disable and it's working fine. the wifi stays on all the time that i need it to be on. also if im correct these setting should do the opposite but right now with it enable its working like it should

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality