PSVita CFW possible to play free games?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Killer_Nads, May 25, 2015.

1. Killer_Nads
    OP

Killer_Nads Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2013
    Hi guys,

i have latest firmware on original PSVita. 3.51.

Is it possible to either download games for free from the PS Store (like link below) or to transfer and play ISO files?

I came across this but have no idea how to transfer the cfw mentioned here to my psvita to start a update! Can anyone help?

http://www.releasepsvitajailbreak.com

Also i saw the site where game exploits are mentioned and it said i need a JAP demo game for the exploit to work, but isn't this just to play hombrew apps and old emulators for psp etc...?

Thanks.

2. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Adware city.

jastolze and Killer_Nads like this.
  3. Killer_Nads
    OP

Killer_Nads Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2013
    So it's a fake along with all the comments?

Any other way?

4. mechagouki

mechagouki Kill 'em all...

Nov 20, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, ON
    http://wololo.net/talk/viewforum.php?f=52&sid=aa407b2ece03edcd96ff8d77001fe47e

But sadly, as you're already at 3.51 OFW, you're going to have to wait for a new exploit. and even when you have one, you can only play PSP games and PSP based homebrew.

There is currently no native Vita hack, though there is work being done in that direction.

Hold onto your Vita, DON'T UPDATE AGAIN, and pay attention to the scene.

Killer_Nads likes this.
  5. Mystic Shadow

Mystic Shadow GBAtemp Regular

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Yeah man get devsuit on there and hope for the homebrew loader. I'm on 3.18 tnv never gonna update until something amazing comes.

6. Killer_Nads
    OP

Killer_Nads Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2013
    ok but correct me if I'm wrong, if i don't update the system in the next few months, i won't be able to go onto the ps store and download any new games including my ps plus titles right? Also most new games require you to automatically download latest update, hence i shouldn't play those either?

7. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    Pretty much. But if you wait for Vita hack, you'll be blessed with lots of goodies.

jastolze and Killer_Nads like this.
  8. mechagouki

mechagouki Kill 'em all...

Nov 20, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, ON
    If you have a PS3 you can use a hacked version of Content Manager Assistant called OCMA to transfer purchases from an current OFW PS3 to an older firmware Vita.

Killer_Nads likes this.