PSVita at 3.60, Hax installed, Vita shell there but?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by OfficialFBomb, Oct 23, 2016.

1. OfficialFBomb
    OP

OfficialFBomb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    What do i do next, like how to i get the apps installed, i tried qcma but cant figure out how to push the file to the vita via usb, i grabbed a copy of dq bullders online to test, its not a vpk though there is two folders with multiple files, i cant rip my games cause i cant get the apps to the vita... Ive been looking for a guide but am lost..

2. RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2013
    you need maidumptool to install dq builders (and lots of other games). It's very simple to use. Transfer it ftp to the folder UX O, then install with vitashell.

You'll now have a maidumptool bubble, open it and install games like dq builders by putting the game folder in the mai folder on your vita

3. OfficialFBomb
    OP

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    Okay and how do i transfer stuff to the vita without ftp.. I did a fresh install and tried qcma, could not understand what to do, i took a save, added files, updated database, but the files did not transfer to the vita... Tired with content manager, but it wants me to sign into my psn account, last time i did that it caused me to not be able to play games or apps kept giving an error, so restarted it, resinstalled hax, now need to get the stuff to the vita..

4. RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2013
    To be honestI had real problems using it qcma but for this i don't think you need it. Install henkaku then install winscp on your pc and transfer files that way. You have to press 'select' once you've opened vitashell to get the info you need for winscp to connect.

OfficialFBomb likes this.
  5. OfficialFBomb
    OP

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    Okay so far so good, but now I have an issue where when I turn off the vita and turn it on its no longer modded..

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I have the offline installer installed, so I need to reopen the email after rebooting? Cause if not then I can't use any hax apps or backups..

6. satan89

satan89 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    India
    Limbo
    That's how this exploit works, it's loaded in the RAM which gets erased Everytime you power off. So keep in standby, turn off only when needed.
    Use the email exploit to get into HENkaku while being offline.

The only way you can push vpk files or folders to Vita via USB using QCMA is either by piggybacking it through a PSP save game, or renaming the file with a .mp4 extension to transfer as a movie, and then remove mp4 extension on Vitashell after transfer.

Smaller vpk files can be sent via ftp, larger ones are slow to transfer so most people use the PSP/mp4 method

7. OfficialFBomb
    OP

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    Ah okay now this is all starting to make sense, i have transferred both small via ftp and large via qcma after logging into psn, i stay in offline mode, with the offline installer installed and dont use the email app so when i reboot i can just open the app and rerun.. So far everything is good, i cant use the ds emulator which would have been cool, and non of the retroarch lib files work..

8. satan89

satan89 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    India
    Limbo
    What difficulty are you having with the emulators? The DS one doesn't do much atm, I don't know if anything is playable

Download the vpk files of those emulators, transfer it somewhere in ux0 of your ps Vita, then with Vitashell install the vpk. As simple as that. If you're encountering an error with RetroArch, ask in that thread for more support, I don't use RetroArch yet.

9. OfficialFBomb
    OP

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    Yea for me the ds one does not open at all, which is fine, i know it half works on pc as well lol With the retroarch i get them installed, they open, i load a game, and it crashes, and leaves some boot file behind.. Is there an app to take game ripped files and turn them into vpk? pc or vita app

10. satan89

satan89 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    India
    Limbo
    If you mean a game dumping tool, look for maidump tool (English), that will dump your legit games.
    Vitamin 2.0 is an older game dumper that dumped games as vpk but is not supported anymore and isn't the preferred dumping method these days.

Use Maidumper, it backs up the game as a folder, that can easily be transferred(QCMA) and installed (much faster than installing vpk)

11. OfficialFBomb
    OP

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    Ah thats why i'm seeing two different ones, i am using Maidumper just thought i needed something else to make the vpk, but since its not preferred i wont worry.. Thank you man, i was going crazy trying to figure some of this out lol