PSVita and TV at 3.60, have access to fresh 3.51 Vita- tips?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by ghostcat, May 10, 2016.

1. ghostcat
    OP

ghostcat Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2012
    United States
    Heya folks.
    As the title says, I have both a Vita and a PSTV at the latest firmware (3.60) that I would like to enable PSP game loading for. Ideally I'd be able to share one memory card with the games between the two.
    A place nearby will let me do whatever I want with a 3.51 Vita for a few hours next thursday.
    Would someone be kind enough to point me to the most expedient way to do this?

Further information edit:
    I don't really need to swap them out willy nilly, as there are only a few psp games that aren't on psn that I want on vita. So, installing custom bubbles and then somehow swapping vitas would work perfectly.
    I'm just not sure how the swapping vitas bit works.

Last edited by ghostcat, May 10, 2016
  2. xy2_

xy2_ GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2016
    France
    First off, follow http://gbatemp.net/threads/dual-vita-tricks-game-transfer-to-older-fw-vita-account-sharing.425621/ to link both vitas.

Then hack the exploitable firmware vita with a vhbl bubble, and follow http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/tutorials/how_to_registryhack_contentid.html to make the backup unrestricted.

Finally, transfer it back to the 3.60 vita. This is a method I was working on doing a tutorial on, but since HackInformer is allegedly charging for it, it doens't hurt to put the full instructions here.

Last edited by xy2_, May 10, 2016
  3. ghostcat
    OP

ghostcat Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2012
    United States
    Thank you! Out of curiosity, will this allow psp backups? That was my main desire for it. So many UMDs that I can't play on vita...
    Oh, and how durable is the hack? Will rebuilding database or swapping between pstv and vita break it?

4. xy2_

xy2_ GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2016
    France