Hacking PSVITA 1004 3.01 What is the best thing to do?

Oniro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys,

I'm trying to clear up my mind about what's the best thing to do with a PSVITA 1000 on OFW 3.01, but the more info I find about the matter, the more confused I get.

What I would like to achieve is to get Rejuvenate as native hack and TN-V11 as eCFW, all of this while still being able to buy Persona 4 Golden from the PS Store.

Now, from the info I've gathered around the web (And I'm not even sure I got them right) I cannot connect to the PSN if my FW version is <3.36, not even with firmware spoofing methods such as VitaUpdateBlocker, so I found a method to jump directly to the desired OFW (There is still the problem that I have yet to find the files for 3.36, but I guess I will find them eventually, the web has no limits). Rejuvenate works from version 3.00 to 3.51 so that's not a problem as far as I can understand, but I heard there are limitations with eCFW because the permission to write in the PSP/GAMES folder was revoked.

The question now is, what would I be best off doing? Can I update to OFW 3.36, install Rejuvenate and TN-V11 eCFW, then spoof it to connect to PSN? What would be the downsides of doing so?

If all I just said is complete crap and makes no sense whatsoever, excuse me, I'm not really new to this type of things, but it is the first time I ever approach a Sony console and all the conflicting info I'm finding on the internet is not helping me. Add to this the fact that English isn't my native language and that I'm self taught in it. :P

Thanks for all the help you could eventually give me.

Last edited by Oniro,
Reactions: zekepliskin
D

Deleted User

Seriously, update to 3.18, as that is the golden FW for hacking. Get the 3.18 update file here:
https://www.copy.com/s/t:AoXIOYcaY3X4cBzP;p:%2FPS%20Vita/Firmwares/PSVita OFW 3.18 complete.zip;oid:312

Regarding PSN access, you can only access it on the latest firmware I'm afraid, due to Sony's tricky methods of checking your true firmware, and whether or not it's the latest. :(

Regarding Rejuvenate, you will need to install the PSM Dev for Unity application before you can even think about setting up the hack. You can find a tutorial on how to install the Dev application, on my guide, but seeing as English isn't your native language, you might have a bit of trouble following it. :(

For TN-V, you will first need a working PSP game/demo. You claimed that the PSP/GAME folder write permissions were denied. That, my friend, isn't entirely true. :)
You can write to the PSP/GAME folder if you are on firmwares below 3.36. But you can't directly write to PSP/GAME if you are on 3.5X.

Furthermore, you will need your Vita activating before any apps/games will work on your device. So that's why you must use a PS3 (use your own or a friend's). PS3s can also be used to download PSP/PS Vita content and can be transferred to your low FW Vita, so long as you have the same PSN accounts linked for both devices, and that you can access the PS Store on your PS3. :)

Feel free to ask any more questions, as I'm technically the most-asked and most-helpful person in the Vita forums! ;)

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
This is all doable on 3.18, as mentioned. I know because my main Vita (very similar to yours in fact) runs TN-V11 for PSP games, TN-X for PS1 games, Rejuvenate for homebrew/emulators natively (at 333mhz rather than 444mhz, the only downside because if you go above 3.18 you lose TN-X) and I also have Persona 4 Golden on it. All working great.

The simplest way of putting it is, if you want to stay several versions behind for all the exploits then be prepared to lose everything else (PSN, Remote Play, PS Store) and have to download games to your Vita via a PS3, which is how I got P4G, Super Stardust Delta and Zen Pinball 2 which I purchased legally onto my Phat Vita.

Oh, for your exploit game I would recommend Arcade Darts. It's small (22MB), cheap (I paid £2.49 in UK) and works great for launching TN-V11.

Last edited by zekepliskin,
Reactions: Deleted User

Oniro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Seriously, update to 3.18, as that is the golden FW for hacking. Get the 3.18 update file here:
https://www.copy.com/s/t:AoXIOYcaY3X4cBzP;p:%2FPS%20Vita/Firmwares/PSVita OFW 3.18 complete.zip;oid:312

Regarding PSN access, you can only access it on the latest firmware I'm afraid, due to Sony's tricky methods of checking your true firmware, and whether or not it's the latest. :(

Regarding Rejuvenate, you will need to install the PSM Dev for Unity application before you can even think about setting up the hack. You can find a tutorial on how to install the Dev application, on my guide, but seeing as English isn't your native language, you might have a bit of trouble following it. :(

For TN-V, you will first need a working PSP game/demo. You claimed that the PSP/GAME folder write permissions were denied. That, my friend, isn't entirely true. :)
You can write to the PSP/GAME folder if you are on firmwares below 3.36. But you can't directly write to PSP/GAME if you are on 3.5X.

Furthermore, you will need your Vita activating before any apps/games will work on your device. So that's why you must use a PS3 (use your own or a friend's). PS3s can also be used to download PSP/PS Vita content and can be transferred to your low FW Vita, so long as you have the same PSN accounts linked for both devices, and that you can access the PS Store on your PS3. :)

Feel free to ask any more questions, as I'm technically the most-asked and most-helpful person in the Vita forums! ;)

This is all doable on 3.18, as mentioned. I know because my main Vita (very similar to yours in fact) runs TN-V11 for PSP games, TN-X for PS1 games, Rejuvenate for homebrew/emulators natively (at 333mhz rather than 444mhz, the only downside because if you go above 3.18 you lose TN-X) and I also have Persona 4 Golden on it. All working great.

The simplest way of putting it is, if you want to stay several versions behind for all the exploits then be prepared to lose everything else (PSN, Remote Play, PS Store) and have to download games to your Vita via a PS3, which is how I got P4G, Super Stardust Delta and Zen Pinball 2 which I purchased legally onto my Phat Vita.

Oh, for your exploit game I would recommend Arcade Darts. It's small (22MB), cheap (I paid £2.49 in UK) and works great for launching TN-V11.

First of all, I would like to say thank you for your replies.

That said, when I said that English isn't my main language I meant it in its literal sense, but it is not like I can't read it or something or I wouldn't be here. What I meant is that it obviously isn't going to help, maybe some of my sentences use bad grammar or something like that, but I can understand it without a single problem, so if I am to follow a guide there is no problem in that. Was my English messed up to that point? I see you both are from UK, so I'm just genuinely curious, and sorry if it was that bad. :unsure:

By the way I've read how to install Rejuvenate, so I already know the process. :)

But lets get to the real point: I got no PS3 nor I have a friend close to me who has one. Should I get a cheap PS3 from eBay, or should I update straight to the last firmware? I really like the homebrew/emulators/hacking scene in general, but I guess it is more about how fascinating I find them rather than a real need for them. Do you think it would be worth the hassle to get a PS3 just for that? (And for the PS3 exclusives too, why not) Should I expect any new developments from the PSVITA homebrew scene in the future or is it nearing death like some people say around the web?

Thank you very much for any future reply.

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
But lets get to the real point: I got no PS3 nor I have a friend close to me who has one. Should I get a cheap PS3 from eBay, or should I update straight to the last firmware? I really like the homebrew/emulators/hacking scene in general, but I guess it is more about how fascinating I find them rather than a real need for them. Do you think it would be worth the hassle to get a PS3 just for that? (And for the PS3 exclusives too, why not) Should I expect any new developments from the PSVITA homebrew scene in the future or is it nearing death like some people say around the web?

• You must have a PS3 to activate the Vita to your PSN account. You go into the recovery menu (power Vita off then hold PS button/Right trigger/Power altogether), reset the Vita, do the initial setup - basically input your correct PSN details here as part of that. Then when you connect it to your PS3 and transfer a purchased game to it, the Vita is activated even on a lower firmware.
  • I got my PS3 for £35 from Gumtree because I spent a while finding a cheap working one minus games/pad to keep costs down. If you don't mind not being able to play games via disc you could get a cheap PS3 by scouring eBay for ones with broken optical drives that still boot/access PSN I guess. And of course you can play some PS3 exclusives like Tokyo Jungle rather than paying a monthly subs fee for PS Now and doing it via an up to date PS4 or Vita (I will say PS Now works pretty well on the Vita although the menus are slow and clunky)
  • The exploits aren't essential for getting some enjoyment out of the Vita but they certainly make up for it having a pretty small library of double/triple A titles. Also, for licensing reasons I can't download and play THPS2 one of my favourite PS1 games - it's not on PSN. So having some exploits allows me to do this anyway now. Also, Rejuvenate for SNES emulation via Rejuvenate hands down whips the best PSP one (Snes9xTYLcm), but having the PSP side open via TN-V allows you access to stuff like gPSP for better GBA Emulation (the GBA ones I've tried on CATSFC don't work nearly as well... yet). Basically it makes the Vita more versatile, and that for me increases it's value. Being able to play original SNES titles like Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country, Pilotwings and many others near-perfectly was worth the effort of setting up Rejuvenate, I feel.
  • Have a read of this post and decide if Vita homebrew is worth the effort. Wololo handing out decent prizes for developer efforts is a nice touch, I feel, and remember that technically we've had Rejuvenate for only about 6 months - that the results are already so impressive at this early stage is staggering, really. The whole Vita homebrew scene could stop tomorrow and I'd still be pretty happy with what we have. Don't take all the "PS Vita is dead bro!" stuff too seriously...

Also, have you played Persona 4 Golden? It's incredible. This is from someone who hasn't really played or cared for any RPGs since Pokémon Red/Blue on the original Game Boy as a kid. I got it for about £10 in the November sale and think it's very unique and kinda addictive, good fit for the Vita too.

Last edited by zekepliskin,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-