NULL

PSVita 1000 Analog Stick will not move up or down.

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Robika, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Robika
    OP

Robika GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2010
    Spain
    Hello there!
    So I got a used Vita 1000 from a second hand store for a good price, but they didn't have a game for me to try. When I tested it out the left stick was not moving up or down. I swapped the analog sticks and the other is fine. I opened up the vita to clean it and I disassembled the analog stick to see if it could be dirt. I found that the 4 small springs were really dirty and had some dirt in them I cleaned them out and nothing. Someone who was able to fix this?

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    The replacement analog stick is it third party or it is from another vita?

3. Robika
    OP

Robika GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2010
    Spain
    No replacement I swapped the originals since the left one is more important and the right one was working fine. Both are original. I think I will have to replace the faulty one.

4. lpoolm

lpoolm GBAtemp Regular

Jun 20, 2017
    United Kingdom
    It's really hard to find reasonable priced sticks for a 1000, the newer model sticks are cheap but not for the original .
    I've needed one for a while to, works out not much more just to buy a faulty complete one.

5. Robika
    OP

Robika GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2010
    Spain
    I found one for 10$ on aliexpress and fixed my vita in 5 minutes. It was worth it!