PSTV (FW3.5x) Anybody managed to get Custom Bubbles working?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by GothicIII, Oct 3, 2015.

1. GothicIII
    OP

GothicIII GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hello,

Ive got a Vita FW3.52 and PSTV FW3.51. While the custom bubbles do work on the vita, they won't start on the PSTV. They all exit immediately with "Application cannot be used" message.

I tried different Basegames but that doesnt matter. (echochrome micro, puzzlescapes and megamix)
    I already tried both versions (overwriting the dat-file with mail and the sql-injection into app.db) of the whitelist hack and it is indeed working for vita-games and psx-games, but not for custom bubbles.

Had anybody successful attempts with it and a bubble with ARK/Homebrew running on PSTV?

2. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    Any error code? Are you sure you're signing it right?

3. GothicIII
    OP

GothicIII GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    No error code. You start the bubble and you'll be welcomed with: "This application cannot be used with this system. If this application is supported by the PSTV system, update the application."

Im absolutely sure I signed everything right. The eboot works on my Vita. No mistakes here.
    Im not the only one.
    Here is another post: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=44416

Last edited by GothicIII, Oct 3, 2015
  4. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    apply the vita tv whitelist hack. The second one preferably.

EDIT: oh, sorry it seems it doesn't work. No other idea unfortunately. BTW i have qwik's bubble working on my 3.20 PSTV.

Last edited by reprep, Oct 4, 2015
  5. jon2491

jon2491 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 14, 2014
  6. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

Sep 4, 2009
    United States
    The Courtroom
    Yes (for the Vita, haven't tried it on a PSTV, yet). A lot of trial and error- mostly in the way of me getting the bubble but it kicking me out immediately.

Simply put, of the games I tried (Persona PSP, Cladun X2, PoolHall Pro, Piyotama, and Ape Quest), Ape Quest was the only one that worked. I don't know if it works with the original tutorial I followed, but I do know that it works with Zett's:

7. sindrik

sindrik GBAtemp Regular

Jan 26, 2009
    United States
    I succesfully installed the new custom bubbles (without exploit games). Confirmed working when using as a base:

- Echochrome DEMO (used for TN-V11)
    - LocoRoco Midnight Carnival DEMO (used for ARK)

Tried to use, but did not show in Content Manager when trying to transfer from the PS3:
    - Dissidia Final Fantasy DEMO
    - Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe DEMO
    - WipEout DEMO
    - Petz Saddle DEMO

Transfered but did not test, probably works as base too:
    - Ape Quest DEMO

My system: PlaystationTV - 3.50

8. GothicIII
    OP

GothicIII GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Thank you very much for your help. I have now running the ARK-Bubble with the help of PuzzleScape without modifying App.db. Its the new method with the hacked save.
    Maybe fw3.51 introduced more security-mechanics to disable running unsupported software on PSTV. While all bubbles work on PSV, they don't work on PSTV like I said in the opening post. Im in EU-Region
    and I can't download DEMOs with the PS3 which transfer successfully afterwards to PSTV (they just don't come up in the downloadlist from CMA).

9. hoist20032002

hoist20032002 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2007
    United States
    How would I be able to put any psp games on my 3.52 vita without it updating to 3.55? or Am I basically screwed with having to upgrade to be able to get into psn to get a game?

10. szczuru

szczuru Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2014
    Poland
    Poland
    Use VitaUpdateBlocker - worked for me today.