Hacking PSTV 3.63 asking for update when trying connect via qcma/cma

snoogy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the title says it all.. asking for upaddate when trying to connect the PSTV via qcma/cma..

i dont really kno what i am doing.. seems to be a few tutorials out there but all seem to be for the Vita and not the PSTV

any advice would be great..

merry xmas everyone

snoogy

snoogy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can I not install Ark on it?

are you saying there is nothing at all that i can do with the PSTV 3.63?

snoogy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I seem to be having issues getting Ark on there.. keeps asking me to update the system.. maybe I am just being a tard... reading various tutorials... I will give it another go and report back

thank you for your replies.. grateful..

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
enabling offline mode in qcma and disconnecting your pstv from the internet and restarting both will get rid from the message and you should be able to transfer stuff that way.

Omer

Trophies
XP
Country
I seem to be having issues getting Ark on there.. keeps asking me to update the system.. maybe I am just being a tard... reading various tutorials... I will give it another go and report back

thank you for your replies.. grateful..
I'm not sure what is the problem but did you tried restore ps tv while pressing ps button when you start the console ? it may work

snoogy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure what is the problem but did you tried restore ps tv while pressing ps button when you start the console ? it may work

the issue is I can not sync file to and from the PC vais qmca as it asks that I update my system.. I click cancel and disconnects.. does that make sense?

it say place Ark folder here then go to your Vita/PSTV then transfer it over.. I can not do this because it asked to update my PSTV.. wtf

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the issue is I can not sync file to and from the PC vais qmca as it asks that I update my system.. I click cancel and disconnects.. does that make sense?

it say place Ark folder here then go to your Vita/PSTV then transfer it over.. I can not do this because it asked to update my PSTV.. wtf
did you even read my reply? i told you exactly how to prevent that message from showing up. (disconnecting from the internet, rebooting pstv. enabling offline mode in qcma and restarting it)

snoogy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
did you even read my reply? i told you exactly how to prevent that message from showing up. (disconnecting from the internet, rebooting pstv. enabling offline mode in qcma and restarting it)

how does this work? when I disconnect the PSTV from the internet it is nolonger on the network..

when I go in to "connect to PC" it reads.. could not connect to the network.. I must be missing something here. I done as you said.. I disconnect the PSTV from the internet.. reset and nothing.. can not connect to the pc as i am not on the network?

what am i doing wrong?

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how does this work? when I disconnect the PSTV from the internet it is nolonger on the network..

when I go in to "connect to PC" it reads.. could not connect to the network.. I must be missing something here. I done as you said.. I disconnect the PSTV from the internet.. reset and nothing.. can not connect to the pc as i am not on the network?

what am i doing wrong?
you'd have to connect with usb. (sorry, should've mentioned that earlier. but i assumed you're using usb anyway)

Bergot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If him to restore the psvita at 3.63..say goodbye to any chance of installer a exploit on It (it Will loose the activation)

Enviado de meu XT1097 usando Tapatalk

Last edited by Bergot,

Bergot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can I not install Ark on it?

are you saying there is nothing at all that i can do with the PSTV 3.63?
By the way..Your psvita TV have any PSP game/demo on It? If the answer is no, you are in a dead end.

Last edited by Bergot,

snoogy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you'd have to connect with usb. (sorry, should've mentioned that earlier. but i assumed you're using usb anyway)

Thank you for all your help.. I am grateful.. just frustrated..

I do not think you can connect the PSTV via USB.. I have tried with no joy.. if I could have then happy days.. I gave up in the end.. pissed me off..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

By the way..Your psvita TV have any PSP game/demo on It? If the answer is no, you are in a dead end.

No I do not.. what about updating to 3.67 then downloading a psp demo on store... Then running the Ark thingy.. just saying.. anyone done this??

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
ARK support was broken on 3.65. Unless a new ePSP-type exploit is found, you won't be able to do anything on 3.65+ there.

At best, you could update to latest firmware and use VHBL. This only nets you PSP-era homebrew, so no PS1/PSP games, but you'll get emulators for most old systems and some nice PSP homebrew.

Reactions: Bergot

snoogy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ARK support was broken on 3.65. Unless a new ePSP-type exploit is found, you won't be able to do anything on 3.65+ there.

At best, you could update to latest firmware and use VHBL. This only nets you PSP-era homebrew, so no PS1/PSP games, but you'll get emulators for most old systems and some nice PSP homebrew.

thank you dude.. i am so over the hassle of trying to get a few psp backups on the system that it is not even worth it.

merry christmas eveyone

babyjoe00069

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jeez its like nobody understood what you were saying @snoogy YOU HAVE 3.63 (NOT 3.65 SO HE'S STILL GOOD) which yes allows you to install ark as long as you do have a demo installed on your vitaTV (NOT VITA PEOPLE) So the issue is trying to connect a vita (TV) to QCMA- because it asks when it connects to update the system software. There is a bypass, I just forgot how to do it with the vita Tv these hints for a vita itself may work, but do not work with vitaTV THER EIS A WAY, BUT I need to do some more research. Hopefully others will see this post and understand what your trying to do.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok bro I got it all figured out didnt take that long and will work on any firmware honestly. All you have to do is
1- Download vitaupdate blocker
2. In Network settings setup the proxy in advanced settings. (use address and port from vita update blocker)
3. Go to psn store. (notice change in vita update blocker on pc)
4. Go back to network settings.
5. Disable the proxy. (Download demos needed use content manager with qcma, ALL IS GOOD TO GO NOW.
6. Enjoy man Angel's Modz always happy to help @snoogy

Reactions: snoogy

snoogy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
babyjoe.. dude.. this is exactly what I needed to hear.. unfortunately I think I may have updated the PSTV as I was so pissed off and just gave up.. I will dig it out and have a look though buddy.. thank you for explanation.. needed you around xmas time.. thank you dude

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.