Gaming PSP3000/PSP GO/PS Vita?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So I ended up buying a PS3 a while ago when my brother said he'll be moving out with his PS3. Around the same time I thought "Why not get a PSP?" and started to check things out. Since the new Sony console is coming around by the end of the year with a quite reasonable price tag, is it smart to wait for the PS Vita or go Hack 'n Slash a PSP3000/PSP Go with CFW (or the likes)? I'd like to play old PSP games so does that end up with PSP3000/PSP Go? Which of the two?

If this hasn't been answered yet (not enough PSV specs yet), I'll leave this open or a mod can do the necessary things if needed be.

-Qtis

ps. The reason I'm asking is that if the PS Vita supports PSP games, I'd probably end up buying that since at the price of a PSP Go/PSP3000 + 16 Gb memory stick, I'll get about 5-10 PSP games off of PSN.
glare.gif

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hmm you will get a lot of opinions from this thread with almost the same concern you have

http://gbatemp.net/t298966-is-it-worth-to-...-at-this-moment

as for PSP 3000 or Go, to me it comes down whether you buy your games or pirate them.. if you buy them go for 3000 the price of UMD games is really attractive on best sellers and especially the second hand market while the Go has a build in 16 gb memory to download more and more.
personally i have a 3000 i love good deals and physical copy of my games, the screen is a bit bigger and i like the design better.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
prowler_ said:
koimayeul said:
[...]UMD[...]
Buying UMDs that are already on PSN is pointless at this point because if you buy the Vita, titles downloaded on PSN will be playable on it.

So it doesn't matter whether I load the game on a PSP3000/PSP Go and then ended up with a PS Vita and loaded it on that, regardless of the prior consoles used? That's the main point that I have.

Also another question: Will all PSP games be available on the PSN eventually? Well talking basically about KH: BBS, GoW, etc. more popular franchises (I could name a few more games, but going to sleep in a sec..).

-Qtis

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
prowler_ said:
koimayeul said:
[...]UMD[...]
Buying UMDs that are already on PSN is pointless at this point because if you buy the Vita, titles downloaded on PSN will be playable on it.
oh they will be re-downlodable on PSV from the same PSN account? thx for the heads up i didn't know about that
i like the PSP game boxes and UMd designs, maybe cuz im a little hobbit and love collecting stuff xD
next target Persona 2 innocent Sin collector soon!!

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I have no idea why GoW isn't on PSN, it technically is Sony.

KH:BBS is never coming to PSN, the AP they put in mostly fucked up them chances.

Older games are coming, just last week FFT was released.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if all PSP games will be up on PSN but I would say the good games will be. You can already get the Ys games, VC II, Lunar etc. And as it looks like Sony are taking digital distribution seriously, I'd say they'll put up the good shit up distribution

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Qtis said:
prowler_ said:
koimayeul said:
[...]UMD[...]

So it doesn't matter whether I load the game on a PSP3000/PSP Go and then ended up with a PS Vita and loaded it on that, regardless of the prior consoles used? That's the main point that I have.

Also another question: Will all PSP games be available on the PSN eventually? Well talking basically about KH: BBS, GoW, etc. more popular franchises (I could name a few more games, but going to sleep in a sec..).

-Qtis

there is the best part of them already on PSN AFAK here the list from wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_downloadable_PSP_games

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
prowler_ said:
KH:BBS is never coming to PSN, the AP they put in mostly fucked up them chances.

Figures.. No wonder why everyone hates AP.. They even fuck up legal ways of obtaining Digital copies.. So the only way to get a copy of it is with UMD -> Game ISO / Just plain old Piracy? Meh go for new tech and older than old AP methods.

-Qtis

ps. Also WTF is wrong with Sony not releasing games worldwide on PSN? Doesn't Sony have the possibility of making a game available globally without bigger problems if the game is already translated? *cough* Valkyria Chronicles 2 EU? *cough*

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Also a new question in regards to the PSP and emulators, is the PSP GBAemu any good? Currently have a DSL + 3in1 and DSiXL + DSTwo options so compared to those
smile.gif

-Qtis

ps. To mods: posted a new reply instead of editing so that someone actually might read this. Didn't want to make a new topic for it if that's ok
smile.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Qtis said:
ps. Also WTF is wrong with Sony not releasing games worldwide on PSN? Doesn't Sony have the possibility of making a game available globally without bigger problems if the game is already translated? *cough* Valkyria Chronicles 2 EU? *cough*It's not Sonys choice to decide.
EUR PSN is going to get PSOne import section soon where you can buy USA&JPN games, so if the PAL version failed testing for some reason, you can buy the USA version off there but the import section is up to the devs/publishers to decide, not SonyQUOTE(Qtis @ Aug 7 2011, 07:14 PM) Also a new question in regards to the PSP and emulators, is the PSP GBAemu any good? Currently have a DSL + 3in1 and DSiXL + DSTwo options so compared to those
smile.gif
PSP is far better.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Qtis said:
Also a new question in regards to the PSP and emulators, is the PSP GBAemu any good? Currently have a DSL + 3in1 and DSiXL + DSTwo options so compared to those
smile.gif

-Qtis

ps. To mods: posted a new reply instead of editing so that someone actually might read this. Didn't want to make a new topic for it if that's ok
smile.gif

i found each and every emulator for the PSP clsoe to perfect, SNES and GBA FULL SPEED, megadrive and neogeo full screen, everything is sexy and awesome!!

except for the MAME and PC engine but again maybe its me trying crappy revisions with sound crackling, lag and glitches all over the place >.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Excellent! This sounds actually quite good, and if the seller in question accepts my offer, I'll have a PSP 3000 and a PSP Go (the Go less than 4 months old, barely used) in a few weeks
tongue.gif

-Qtis

ps. Second thing is that what's wrong with the devs/publishers? What do they lose when putting content available on PSN? Isn't it just pure income (while Sony may take their share, but doesn't that happen regardless of distro method?)?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Sony charge a fee for not only having the game on the PSN, but also for the size of the game itself. Most publishers aren't willing to kowtow to Sony when the PSP is such a risky proposition and they lose most of the control of the games.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I thought Sony was the best to publish games digitally?

While Nintendo only sends you a check once you've hit a certain amount of sales, don't know what Microsoft do, Sony send money monthly (IIRC).

Plus they can update games with more control unlike Xbox LIVE.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
I thought Sony was the best to publish games digitally?

While Nintendo only sends you a check once you've hit a certain amount of sales, don't know what Microsoft do, Sony send money monthly (IIRC).

Plus they can update games with more control unlike Xbox LIVE.

I think it's just Europe, both God of War games are on the PSP store. Plus I hear you now and then reference a game not available on the store for you but I think it is for the US.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well all in all I just hope they make the interesting content available in Europe regardless. Btw is there a way to downgrade from the latest firmware to 6.39 (or possibly factory settings) if a PSP Go is updated to 6.40+?

-Qtis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1