Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
600apsonyngp110127.png

QUOTE said:
While Sony has been busy churning out details about its latest PSP model, the PSP2 (otherwise known as the NGP), they still have been pretty quiet regarding the pricing for it. However, a screenshot from GameStop was sent out to the Internet earlier, sparking a frenzy of speculations about the alleged price tag for the PSP2.

The said screenshot looks like it was taken from a desktop monitor - probably the store's database - showing the "Upcoming Releases for Video Game System". Also included in the list were the Nintendo 3DS Aqua Blue and Cosmo Black models. But we know their prices already, and really, that's not the point of interest of this article.

Yes, on that third line below, it says that the Sony PSP NGP is slated to come out on 01/01/12. Now, this may very well be just a placeholder date, as we're all hearing rumors about it coming out earlier than expected. Like, maybe sometime later this year. But what catches the eye is that column on the far right.

It says "Price". And for the item of Sony PSP NGP, it says US$ 299.99. Of course, this has yet to be confirmed or denied by Sony, and GameStop has yet to release a statement pertaining to this leak from one of their stores.

If you would remember, Michael Pachter previously said that if Sony wants the PSP2 to succeed (but of course they do!) they should make the price the same - or if they can afford, even lower - than that of the iPhone and the iPod Touch.

As it is, a 32GB 4th Gen iPod Touch is being sold in the market for US$ 275, more or less. The 64GB Gen 4 model, however, is at US$ 365. It's also interesting how now people have come to expect competition for Sony beyond the shadows of Nintendo. They know the market is getting more restless everyday, what with the plethora of choices they are being given.

So, if this price tag is true, then hopefully Sony knows the repercussions of that price tag. We've all seen how badly that US$ 250 launch price ended up for the PSP Go. Of course, we're fully expecting them to say that the PSP2 will be worth every penny, and that it can even be as good as the PS3.

Still, the PSP2 is no console, nor would we wish for it to have the price tag of one.

[Source]

Feel free to check the said 'screenshot' on the source. I think the price is decent enough. Price is what I expected it to be.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Michael Pachter previously said that if Sony wants the PSP2 to succeed (but of course they do!) they should make the price the same - or if they can afford, even lower - than that of the iPhone and the iPod Touch.

Does anyone actually buy an iPhone for the full price up front though? I know phone plans are different around the world but here you can get any handset 'free' as long as you sign up to the right contract.

CA519705950 said:
$300 is a fair price. I've been leaning more towards the 3DS over the last two days but hmmm.

If it was $300 in the US I'd imagine that would translate into £250 over here.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
BlueStar said:
QUOTE said:
Michael Pachter previously said that if Sony wants the PSP2 to succeed (but of course they do!) they should make the price the same - or if they can afford, even lower - than that of the iPhone and the iPod Touch.

Does anyone actually buy an iPhone for the full price up front though? I know phone plans are different around the world but here you can get any handset 'free' as long as you sign up to the right contract.
your not actually getting it free though your just practically renting it until your contract is up lets say you pay $20/month locked into a 24 month contract what's that add up to?!
tongue.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
BlueStar said:
I'm betting that will be the case with the 3G version too. Phone providers will offer the console cheaper (or even free) with contracts.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably legit.

So $325 w/ tax

+$40-$50 for a game

= $365 to $375+ cost of entry

+ possible accessories (probably a case for most people) = more $$$

Hope it comes with a few apps or pre loaded games

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
BlueStar said:
QUOTE said:

your not actually getting it free though your just practically renting it until your contract is up lets say you pay $20/month locked into a 24 month contract what's that add up to?!
tongue.gif

Yes, but you're paying it off bit by bit and you're getting the deal of phone and contract. If you pay the whole lot up front, you then have a phone with no call time or data allowance and you've got to go buy a contract seperately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Too bad, they already drank it.
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    Veho @ Veho: Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.