PSP2(NGP) to Possess "Rewritable" Game Cards

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
VentusVanitas said:
It's Sony, what do you expect? They made a system that took four years for people to be interested enough in it to fully hack it.
FIXED
tongue.gif

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unless you have Government class security, it's over before it has even started. Sony may have just lost the game before anything is released.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can't pirate something that isn't there.

List of Nintendo titles lists into the thousands.

List of Sony titles does NOT list into the thousands.

Granted that needs to be further qualified. List of titles from either company you actually desperately want.

To date my buddy has failed to interest me in a Jailbreak even for free, as it serves no purpose for me. I have just one PS3 game, and it is a compilation of old arcade games.

I might like the PSP2 a bit more if there was a long list of things I could run on it already. I'm waiting to see what I would even use it for.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Nathan-NL said:
The PS3 hackings started when Sony removed OtherOS, this pissed of the hackers and they wanted Linux back.

And OtherOS was removed because Geohot said there was an exploit using OtherOS.

EDIT: Typo.

I don't know if you're being serious or what but there were plans to remove OtherOS before the exploit was found.

edit: never mind you must not be being serious because it was pointed out earlier in the thread.

Hecatia

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Apparently these carts a going to hold 25-75GB and have a Theoretical maximum of 300GB so it must be mostly readonly like DS carts or else why is Sony not selling 75 GB memory sticks?

Hecatia

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Law said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Nathan-NL said:
The PS3 hackings started when Sony removed OtherOS, this pissed of the hackers and they wanted Linux back.

And OtherOS was removed because Geohot said there was an exploit using OtherOS.

EDIT: Typo.

I don't know if you're being serious or what but there were plans to remove OtherOS before the exploit was found.

The slim came out before the exploit, right?
Geohot was a scapegoat. Sony was looking for a excuse to remove Otheros then one day geo showed up claiming he found a exploit i mean since when have Sony ever acted on rumors. (that's what it was at the time)

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Actually, Nintendo did this first!
WarioWare D.I.Y. had a 32mb NAND memory for the purpose of saving your works and downloading things by other people.

It's really the same thing here, partially rewritable memory for adding DLC to a cartridge.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
ctr3k said:
Geohot was a scapegoat. Sony was looking for a excuse to remove Otheros then one day geo showed up claiming he found a exploit i mean since when have Sony ever acted on rumors. (that's what it was at the time)
I agree that geohot was a scapegoat, but Sony removed OtherOS months before geohot made his announcement.

At the time they said it was due to costs.
http://www.osnews.com/story/22073/Why_N:wtf:...im_Sony_Answers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like it when usps is like delivery expexted Today jk we meant tomorrow