Gaming PSP1000 battery issue

Hanya Yu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello GBAtemp (as I'm new),

There is a problem with my PSP, evident to the topic.

The battery i have is a new one, non pandora, and it works fine; I can charge it, it lasts a decent while, etc.
However, when I enter any section which displays my battery information, (eg the System Information, or CWCheat menu, it displays my battery between 0% and 4% and never goes any higher. It becomes a problem as i don't really know how much time is left until my battery begins to die, and since the PSP reads it as 3% most of the time, updating CFW normally is an issue as it won't allow updating unless the battery reads at 76% (including when the charger is plugged in). I managed to flash it to 5.00 M33-6 using hellcat's recovery tool, so that has been resolved.

If anyone understands what is happening then any help is appreciated.

Please and thank you-

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so its not an official battery then?
some thrid party (non sony) or fake sony battery is what I mean

oh btw
you can bypass the 75% battery check when installed CFW
you just hold a button combo when it start, I forgot what it was exactly but I think its L+triangle

Hanya Yu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhm, i'm pretty sure it's an official Sony battery (the logo is on it...)

Here's what's on the battery:

SONY
3.6V
1800mAh
Betterypack
(PS logo) PSP

Model PSP-110

Hope this helps

Hanya Yu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see...

Recently I also checked with another PSP, and the battery reads fine, and i've tried the battery in the second PSP, although reading fine in the second PSP, does not read on my PSP.
So I'm assuming that it could be either the PSP or both the PSP and the battery.
That is, to say, my PSP reads all batteries as 3%

Some other things I neglected to mention...

The PSP is second hand, (about two years living)
The person i bought it from said there was a problem with the battery reader in the PSP as well, and he couldn't update to 5.00 M33 CFW (He had to hack his DJ Max Portable Black Square to play it on his 4.01 CFW)
Again the person i bought it from opened up the PSP to hack it (When CFW was relatively unknown) and thus messed around with the internal organs (as little as he possibly could have)
I think that's the rest of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass