Gaming PSP workaround for 3rd party Camera or GPS???

MMMMMike

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vlog.mikemoon.net
XP
Country
Canada
The Camera for the PSP and the GPS look like cool addon gadgets, but I find their prices too high.
Has anyone heard/read about anyone hacking a third party webcam or GPS that works with the PSP?

Thanks,
Mike

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
War said:
I think there was a homebrew that recently came out that lets you use a regular PC camera for the PSP... check out the homewbrew section at qj.net

Surely not a webcam? .... how would it fit its a mini usb not a fullsized one
frown.gif

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cinnamonxv said:
kobykaan said:
754boy said:
kobykaan said:
Surely not a webcam? .... how would it fit its a mini usb not a fullsized one
frown.gif

daf9_2.JPG

Guess you could use one of those lol

now that's interesting but ... DOES IT REALLY WORK??

anyone bought one and tested?
how much are these and ill try

I found some on ebay for 3 bucks. Bought one lol. Will test it sometime this week I suppose. Wonder if it'll work with my 360 Vision cam
smileipb2.png

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It defeats the purpose of even using the thing if you have to hold it and your PSP at the same time. I guess portability is nice but aside from that, just using your PC would be must easier.

I would like to know if it's possible to use that for a USB Hardrive somehow, though. -That-, would be great.

Aside from that, I'd suggest just ponying up $50 and getting the official webcam. Comes with a UMD with assumably some useful software, as well as more support than such a strange workaround that only works with homebrew.

As for GPS, I hear the official GPS unit can work with some homebrew (Or official software for Europe I believe), to get it to work in your location. And who knows, maybe that comes with a UMD too, you'd be the only one around that has it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...