Gaming psp wont turn on

lee130580

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why wont psp turn on with my 4gb memory card in it. it just loads a black screen and again with no memory card aswell. what i have to do is put my magic memory card in turn on psp that loads fine then switch memory cards to play backups. i am using 5.50 gen-b with pandorra battery. problem only started yesterday when i changed firmware for a friend and had to use my battery

fkw12

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
sounds like you bricked it. Good job
yaypsp.gif

lee130580

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if thats what i have done then shit but how come i can still play cso's and normal games fine. i just need a different memory card to switch console on then put my memory card in

pokemon8787

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't brick it, your pandora battery is in your psp right? well the only reason it wont start up is because one of your Memory Sticks is not a magic memory stick and when it only has a pandora battery and no magic memory stick in the psp it will act like it's bricked so don't worry you didn't brick your psp. You just need to make your other memory stick a magic memory stick. To just sum it up, You need to make your other memory stick a magic memory stick.

fkw12

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
pokemon8787 said:
You didn't brick it, your pandora battery is in your psp right? well the only reason it wont start up is because one of your Memory Sticks is not a magic memory stick and when it only has a pandora battery and no magic memory stick in the psp it will act like it's bricked so don't worry you didn't brick your psp. You just need to make your other memory stick a magic memory stick. To just sum it up, You need to make your other memory stick a magic memory stick.

what he said^^^

pokemon8787

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fkw12 said:
pokemon8787 said:

what he said^^^
Lol

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
pokemon8787 said:
fkw12 said:
pokemon8787 said:

what he said^^^
Lol
Lol indeed...
laugh.gif

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or he could use another battery, right? There's no reason to keep running with a pandora once you've installed the CFW, is there? I know I don't.

pokemon8787

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yes he can use another battery, But sometimes it's good to always have a pandora battery everywhere just incase of a brick.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
Once he gets the PSP going again he can just use the CFW to un-pandora it I believe. I'm still new to this but I know in the menu when I hold R while powering on (can't remember what that's called) there is a "Make pandora battery" and a "Make normal battery" in the advanced options.

So probably make that magic memory stick then fix the battery I'd think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

pokemon8787

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Believe your preferring to the recovery menu, and yes he can do that also and then he wont have to mess with turning his memory stick into a magic one. So yes he can do that to.

lee130580

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks everyone just one more thing if i switch to normal battery in recovery menu can i switch it back tp pandorra if i need to help another friend out with cfw. im only asking cause this is the only way i no how to do it. ive never looked at doing it without pandorra battery

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
lee130580 said:
ok thanks everyone just one more thing if i switch to normal battery in recovery menu can i switch it back tp pandorra if i need to help another friend out with cfw. im only asking cause this is the only way i no how to do it. ive never looked at doing it without pandorra battery

your battery runs out faster if you dont have the eeprom keys saved.
But if you dont have them, then yeah.

pokemon8787

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can, do it in the recovery menu and if you don't know how to do this i'll tell you.
First:Boot up your psp and make sure your holding down R while booting Also (You have to be on cfw to boot the recovery menu)
Second:Scroll down to where it says Advance
Third:Then you'll see make Pandora battery or something like that.
Fourth:Click that then it will make your battery a Pandora or if you want to make your battery normal you will see a Make Normal battery click that if you want it normal.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I'm not bothering to read the whole post... well at least I'm honest.

it sounds like you have corrupted files for plugins or boot up on your card.

Simply format if you haven't already, after copying your files off (just not the system, plugin folders)
that should fix the issue.

wynd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1