Gaming PSP won't turn on

Ardy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so my psp 1000 does not turn on. As in, no light comes on at all when I flick the switch up. It does NOT turn green with a blank screen. Also, it has never been modded or downgraded or ran any custom firmware. It just does not turn on BUT it does turn on the little amber charging light when I plug it in to charge(well, it did when i let it sit there and charge for a few hours, but it just blinks now when I plug it in to charge-which makes me assume that it is fully charged). So my guess is either the pins of the little charging thing are messed up OR the battery in it is dead OR The circuit board is screwed. SO what do you guys think? Buy a new battery? New Circuit board? Throw this thing into the nearest trash can?

Thnx in advance

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could you turn your psp on with it plugged into the charger and with the battery and memory stick removed? if so, i would get a new battery. what battery do you have now, a 3rd party or a sony?

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems to be a hardware issue and a new battery would not solve your issue. this is a good reason to upgrade to a slim (2000). since, your 1000 probably isnt under warranty anymore.
before you get a new psp i would get another opinion on your problem.

RhiGhost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got a second hand PSP with the same issue. After I opened it up I saw that the power fuse was busted.
I fixed it really easily with a little bit of soldering in 5 mins, but unless you know how to do that, you might have to just sell it to someone who can and get a new PSP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I didn't know they made an MSU cart for the Genesis.... I knew about the SNES one and the...