PSP wont connect to my laptop via usb

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by DarkWay, Aug 19, 2009.

Aug 19, 2009
  1. DarkWay
    OP

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    never mind [​IMG] apparantly it was the USB cable, I just picked it up and it fell apart completely like it had just been shredded [​IMG] stupid cable [​IMG]

ok so now I need a new USB data transfer for my PSP!

so I've had a quick look around and found this but will it work on my 1000?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18063

oh and if a Mod would like to change the thread title to something more relevant please do so.

2. nico445

Member nico445 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
  3. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I have this one for 1000 series works great for a data cable ...

link

[​IMG]

... but the only downside is when using as a charger if your PSP battery is totally flat it will not power on you will have to use your mains charger to give the battery some charge first!

When the battery has enough charge to turn the PSP on or if you use it to charge when the PSP is already on it charges fine [​IMG]

As above though a lot of digital cameras also use the same cable eg some SONY'S ...some NOKIA'S also use the same datacable such as the N95 [​IMG]

4. Spartan117H3

Member Spartan117H3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm sure the one you posted will work but it's a little more expensive than you need, not like it matters. Just depends on if you like the design or not.

I use this:PSP Data Cable which is more expensive than the above mentioned but it's 130 CM instead of 110. Not much of a difference but just wanted to [​IMG] point it out if you were wondering.

The one mentioned above is newer and says compatible with PSP 1000, 2000, and 3000 but it really doesn't matter. Once when one of my data cables broke, I just used the one for my camera. Any cable should work as long as it fits in the slot.

5. DarkWay
    OP

United Kingdom
    thats the cable that just fell apart in my hands!!!! [​IMG] and after that one falling apart I don't really want to buy another of those and the design of the one mentioned above is exactly the same which also kinda puts me off.

the one I've seen in the link looks like it'd fit into my psp and is pocket sized which is also really handy for me and it looks kinda cool. I might just buy it and see its not expensive but I also have a money issue currently [​IMG] its not my week [​IMG] if my camera cable fits I'll use that for now and buy this one anyway and leave feedback on the product on DX.

6. Spartan117H3

United States
    Eh, I got a dud on that product, broke after a month, just the USB part, not the charging part oddly, but I got a replacement and it works fine so far.

7. DarkWay
    OP

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] my camera cable doesn't fit. I posted a thread on DX asking whether the data transfer fits or not but the first answer I got was it should do all USB's are the same...........

does anyone have both a PSP-1000 and a PSP-3000? if they do are the data transfer ports different?

8. Santee

Member Santee Jalapeño

United States
    You can probably find a cable that works on your psp in stores a cheap camera one would probably work or one from an mp3 player just make sure it's a 2.0 USB mini b to USB and the psp 1000 and 3000 ports should be the same haven't read about sony changing it.

9. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    PSP 1000, 2000, and 3000 uses the same mini usb... psp go may of been different, i dont remember.

10. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Like most Sony products, I'm pretty sure they both have a Mini USB type B port.

11. DarkWay
    OP

United Kingdom
    y'know I thought the same lLaw and I just realised the answer to all this problem was simple sovled by googling 1. PSP 1000 specs and 2. PSP 3000 specs

I for one am an idiot for not thinking of this earlier it would usually be the first thing I think of [​IMG]

oh well thanks for all your help tempers as per usual you are quick to respond and have useful information at hand [​IMG]

oh and if your wondering it will fit the data transfer ports on psp 1000-2000-3000 are all the same

12. Spartan117H3

United States
    Yea, they are the same. Oh yeah, I was wrong, I didn't use my camera's cable, I used my calculator's cable lol. Ti-84+ Silver Edition. I still had the cable and I figured it couldn't hurt, so I used it and it works. Too bad I can't send games from my PSP to my calculator though, for obvious reasons.