Hardware PSP won't always turn on?

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My PSP has been doing this strange thing for the longest time where sometimes when it turns on it just stays there. You know how it usually flickers to a different black twice before reading across the logo? Mine will flicker once then stall and only way to shut it off is the battery.

It only does this when I have my memory card in (Photofast CR-5400+2x 8GB).

I've also recently got SNES9x working again and now it periodically decides it won't load sometimes, othertimes it does.

Is this normal or is there a way to fix it? What should I do reinstall CFW completely? (I'm on GEN-D3), reformat memory card?

I own a Pandora as well still.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First suggestion would be to reformat

second suggestion would be to try a different card all together.

both issues are likely card related

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay doing so apparently fucked me and now I'm crashing whenever I open the Games. (Memory Card under Games, it starts loading then DERPCRASH)

No idea what fucked up but before I was moving the card contents to back them up, ISO_TOOL was corrupt so I got didn't copy it.

Is there an easy way to reformat in GEN-D3 and then I just copy my games/saves back over? I don't care about the plugins as I used Cwcheat which as old as hell and popsloader would never work for me.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't believe magicgate is supported by the photofast adaptors, is it?

as Rydian said, reformat via the PSP itself.
also, turn off all plugins. if it works, start turning each plugin on one at a time with a hard reset in between. there's also the possibility of a corrupted plugin or txt file...

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I reformatted the stick, that's not the problem.

I mean somehow get the proper files that may need to be on it back on it, since I don't know what's up here.

As for MagicGate:
Prior to reformatting card: Unknown
After reformatting card: Unknown

It also reports a capacity of 14GB which I find to be strange since I have 2x 8GB in it, I don't mind losing the 2GB, just strange.

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seplugins or whatever else is holding back some of my homebrew from properly working.

For example SNES9x is still giving me shit, at the blackscreen before it starts (once "PSP" fades away) it dies, it used to do this about 50% of the time, now it's still doing it.

Incase it matters:
XMB: 333/166
Game: 333/166
UMD ISO MODE: sony NP 9660

I tried starting it up with just emulators (minus SNES) booted fine, tried with SNES, booted fine, loaded into SNES, didn't load.

I just did realize however that I copied it from the original where it was still under Archive mode, removing and retesting now, then I'll load ISO games if it's successful.

Successfully started, played games, no problems.

The one thing it refuses to do but it always did so I'll chalk it up as normal is elegantly quit, for some reason just having it 'quit' never works -shrug- and it always says it' stilll using the card for like 5minutes or something.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You don't need plugins for homebrew, only for... plugins. The only exceptions are homebrew that interfaces heavily with the system, such as the IRShell XMB replacement menus. Standard homebrew you run from XMB should work fine without an seplugins folder even existing... but formatting the memory stick from within the PSP should add the folders you need.

EDIT: Also, turn your clock rates back to default just in case that's messing up some stuff.

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay turning my clock rates back.
Haven't had any problems other than the typical it still acts like a bitch turning on half the times.
Got some of the games I couldn't get working before even like Monsters(Probably)stole my princess, although LBPstill won't work.

Anyways, problem fixed, thanks \o/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/