Hacking psp ( with cfw) shuts off when playing a game

Skyhigh_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i have a couple of psp systems

1 in particular that i updated to a newer CFW ( 6.60 ME 2.3) has issues with a game
YS seven starts but within seconds makes the psp shut off
previously i was running LME 6.60 1.8 and this game ran just fine.

Tested 6.60 LME 2.3 on a slim model and ys seven does the same thing... ( starts and makes the psp shut off within like 3 seconds).

Any idea on what the issue is exactly? Obviously the issue seems to come from the lme/me 2.3 cfw but not sure how others by passed this or fixed it

Skyhigh_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the ISO mode change? I remember I had mine set to sony9660 and after I upgraded my firmware, it defaulted to inferno.

I haven't used my psp system(s) in a while, i forgot how to access that specific menu

Was it pressing select and another button?

Skyhigh_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine was already set to sony NP9660

i switched it to '' ME driver'' and now it loads though i am unsure if it would cause issues with other games ( i can also switch it again)

i never had this issue with LME or ME 6.60 1.8 though sony NP9660 was default on those and it played without issues

seems the game is playable on ME driver though

Playing the psp again reminds me of how great this system was for its time and even now. Could emulate snes, nes, gameboy, and a bunch of other systems on top of ps1.

thanks for the vshmenu pointer i knew there was an option there but i couldn't remember

Last edited by Skyhigh_,
Reactions: slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! Yes, the psp is a great emulation device with a decent library......as long as you keep it charged.
Also, check your plugins. You can boot to recovery mode (hold R while powering on) to see the pops, vsh, and game enabled plugins. Some may not work with your new cfw. You should disable ones that you don't use or can live without.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hands free vr