PSP VS DS LITE!

Which handheld would you guys get?(or already have)

• PSP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DS

• Why not get both? I can afford it :)

• Total voters

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Scorpin200 said:
Why are their still topics like this around? It should be obvious which system is better by now, and the fat that no games are being made for the psp makes it basically dead.

p.s and no monster hunter doesn't count as a game especially since nobody care about it over here.

[/quoteyoudidn'tformatright]3D is awful-looking on the DS, and awesome on the PSP

I don't know which psp u mean but ps1 visuals are no where near awesome, and that's like saying the wii's graphics are awesome.
There are still games being made for the PSP, just not a lot (I must admit).
Just because some people don't like a game doesn't mean it isn't a game, that's just stupid.
Did you read his post? He was comparing the PSP's graphics to the DS's, not the PS1 to DS.

qhalidx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
hey..what can i say..
both have advantages
psp more toward hardcore gamer with heavy on the graphic side of the game
while ds is more toward the casual and relax side of game plus a loot of game library

in the end,i own both so i wont put any console either ds or psp

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd say in Japan the PSP is more popular because they like Monster Hunter, and Phantasy Star, with all the DLC. And now the DS going down the drain, because of all this Petz or Imagine crap. It's a secret plan by Nintendo, to make the Wii at the top sales!
ph34r.gif

Seriously, Japan is kicking everyone else's ass in the gaming industry. They get good games like Jump Ultimate Stars, because of no copyright over there, or what?

Touching is good. XD Remember Nintendo's old DS slogan? xD

matrix121391

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Might not be the best place to ask seeing as how this site is mainly about GBA/DS/Wii/Nintendo, but I try to stay as neutral as a can. I have to admit that the PSP graphics blows my mind for a handheld, but sadly, there are only several good games out for the PSP while the DS library of exceptional games are varied and expansive. In my opinion, PSP is mainly about the looks, while the DS actually cares about unique and immersive gameplay.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I've always been a Nintendo fanboy. I would get both if I had the money, but if I had neither I would ALWAYS choose the NDSL over PSP or PSP slim. Its PDA capabilities are unmatched and with two screens and so much memory in just a single microSD I don't want the PSP's superior graphics.

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It really bugs me how they cut down some PSP games just to get the best graphics. I was playing NFS Carbon on my friend's PSP, and I was really disappointed, because there was hardly any traffic at all.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought my DS for one count em one only game. If I had never succeeded in getting another game other than Panzer Tactics, it wouldn't have bother me either.
Privilege of being an adult gamer. If I want a game, and it defacto costs 200 bucks when you factor in the DSlite cost, so be it.

My Advanced Squad Leader board game collection is worth easily over 5000 bucks, and it's just a board game.

I would have bought the PSP if it was the one that had the game I suppose.

When saying "what is important to a hand held design" though, I think it's about what the thing can do.

How powerful is the thing. The PSP is undeniably more powerful.

How long does the battery charge last. The DS will still be running when the PSP is out of charge.

What non game functions can the unit perform. There is no advantage here as both can do a long list of interesting non game functions.

Price tag, the DS is far ahead cheaper. Storage for a DS costs peanuts in comparison too.
Additionally, the storage for a PSP is uniquely Sony storage ie only good in Sony products. You can use the micro sd cards in damn near anything and for damn near anything.

Game library. Well lets remember how the DS managed to get over 2000 titles eh. 1900 of them are likely craptastic horrors you couldn't be paid to play. It's easy to have a lot of games, if the only point in making them, is to sell them to suckers.
Yeah, even if you restrict yourself to the best 10% as judged by the entire DS demographic (that means me too
smile.gif
), it's likely got more games than the PSP.
But my friend actually plays Nintendo games on his PSP in some cases. I find that uniquely funny actually.

Game library is not really as vital to me, as it is almost certain a gamer simply won't like more than 10% of the assumed top 10% of the games in the library.

It's all about, was the unit able to play the games well.
Was there any real convenience in the hand held being a hand held.
Because if I am able to play either a PC or a primary console game, chances are I will be playing that instead of the hand held.

Hand helds are only useful away from the house.
And that means battery life. I was sold on 8 hours of effective charge.
I don't generally experience blocks of time longer than 8 hours away from an effective power source.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: