PSP Vibrant Blue - Japanese vs American

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by iceaco, Nov 28, 2012.

1. iceaco
    OP

iceaco Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2011
    United States
    Hello, I'm new to PSP, and am looking to purchase one.
    I discussed it with my friend who recently bought a Vibrant Blue imported from Japan.
    I also tried to look online - and was looking at several US people selling their Invizimals edition.
    My question is - is there any difference - physical (e.g. colors) or not - other than the region locking - between the Japanese (Carnival Colors) edition and the American (Invizimals) edition?

Thanks!

2. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I dont think so. You can hack it and play japanese games if you want. No big deal.

3. iceaco
    OP

iceaco Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2011
    United States
    Thanks! I didn't actually want to mention that point because I thought it's taboo in some threads.
    Otherwise, the next thing in my list of worries is the aesthetics between the two^^
    Looking forward to hear additional opinions.

4. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    Potentially the motherboard of the 3000 unit will be different....it's a minor point but worth mentioning. PSP's aren't region locked so it's mostly irrelevant where you source it from, although you'll need to remember that the default OFW button assignation for O and X will be different for US and JPN consoles (these may be switched if a unit is using CFW).

I'd suggest that you just browse the youtube video's of both these consoles and form your own opinion on the colour...they look pretty similar to me.

5. iceaco
    OP

iceaco Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2011
    United States
    Yeah they look pretty similar too! Even the pictures.
    What made me doubt the similarity is because, for example, the Japanese KH version has the KH pictures on the back while the American version is the normal Mystic Silver - so I was wondering if there's any differences I should be aware of.

6. Janthran

Janthran Solarian

Sep 17, 2011
    United States
    The Pacific Northwet
    Hacking is the main attraction to GBAtemp. Don't ask for ROMs/ISOs and you're fine.

7. dickfour

dickfour Banned

Banned
    Jun 20, 2011
    United States
    I think the blue color makes it look like a JXD