Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://exophase.com/psp/400-cfw-to-feature...nality-5931.htm

QUOTE said:
For those eagerly awaiting a 4.00 based custom firmware, homebrew developer Mathieulh has shed light on two features planned for Dark_AleX’s next major CFW release on PSP.

The first is an in-XMB recovery mode, which will allow settings to be modified straight from within the PSP’s main menu screen. Second is the inclusion of savestate support. Users will be able to save their progress at any given time while playing a UMD title, restart the game, and then load up the respective save to resume play from where they left off. It has not yet been decided if the savestate feature will be directly integrated in the firmware or released as an add-on plugin, however.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cosmo2389 said:
It came out last week. Look here!

Thanks
smile.gif

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cosmo2389 said:
Sweet! I may have to upgrade from 3.71-M33 for this...! (I still haven't updated since installing a few months back because I have yet to find the need to.)

If you plan to upgrade to 4.00-M33, wait at least a month.

Why? The save state thing will be buggy as hell first, and it will also throw a monkey wrench into the plug-ins behavior.

If you give it a month, most of the bugs will be reported and quashed. New versions of plug-ins will also be released.

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
If you plan to upgrade to 4.00-M33, wait at least a month.

Why? The save state thing will be buggy as hell first, and it will also throw a monkey wrench into the plug-ins behavior.

If you give it a month, most of the bugs will be reported and quashed. New versions of plug-ins will also be released.

Thanks for the tip! I always try to wait out the trial and errors of the first few weeks when it comes to stuff like this!

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait. Sleep mode is ok, but what isn't fun is getting stuck in a game and having WiFi, but you can't exit to go online for a guide.

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope it has a 1.5 Add-on to come along with it...most of the Hbrew I use is kind of dated, and no one has updated anything(File Assisstant, pepViewer, some other comicbook app, and thats mainly it)

and some old SNESty9x 2.42me or something

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
IBNobody said:
myuusmeow said:
I can't wait. Sleep mode is ok, but what isn't fun is getting stuck in a game and having WiFi, but you can't exit to go online for a guide.

Did you know that CWCheat has an in-game, multi-file text reader that can be assigned to a hotkey?
Yeah, but I could never get it to work. Maybe I have to have a - between the UCUS and numbers?

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
myuusmeow said:
IBNobody said:
myuusmeow said:

Did you know that CWCheat has an in-game, multi-file text reader that can be assigned to a hotkey?
Yeah, but I could never get it to work. Maybe I have to have a - between the UCUS and numbers?

Yes.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this is awesome news. I definitely can't wait for this release.

I'm with the poster that suggested it though, I'll definitely be waiting another release or two to upgrade. I only use one seplugin, but I'm sure the save states will be pretty buggy. So I'll wait until they get that ironed out.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doomsday Forte said:
Now THIS is definitely worthy of a 1.xx boost from the previous firmwares. =P
From what I've observed the PSP custome firmware use the firmware that the custom one was based upon as the primary version number, to which the "make", e.g. M33, of PSP custom firmware was added, and THEN they used a 3rd number to denote a version within the custom firmware itself.

So I'd really expect it to be something like 3.88-M33-4?

I'm also expecting this to be incredibly buggy as well, since the PSP has so much more memory than the DS, and runs alot of extra things in memory as well as the game, so they'll have to be careful to only save game-related memory state info and register info. Not to mention the states will be relatively huge files, as if they just try to do a raw complete memory dump plus registers you'd end up with either 32MB + change or 64MB plus change RTS files, although I really thinkt hat trying to save the state of plugins and other things probably just isn't going to work so I'd expect the RTS to be smaller once it works well, maybe the could add on the fly save compression to it as well on the PSP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.