Not open for further replies.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Since I just got a PSP again, I thought I might as well make another PSP Upcoming Games thread!

In case you didn't know, dates are set as MM/DD and all games are USA release dates.

ModNation Racers - 05/25 Note - The EUR release has already been released and dumped
ModNation Racers is a thoroughly fresh take on classic kart racing that empowers the player to personalize their entire game. Players can express themselves by creating their own Mod character, styling their own racing kart and even building - in just minutes. The easy-to-use editing studio tools make this creative process accessible to players of all levels. Not feeling creative? ModNation Racers presents a humorous story with a wealth of pre-made characters, karts, tracks and challenges for all players.[/p]
[title:Pictures]
988580_20100205_screen002.jpg
988580_20100205_screen003.jpg

Hexyz Force - 05/25
Hexyz Force for PlayStation Portable is a traditional RPG taking place in the world of Berge. This world has two sides to it, one light and one dark. Accordingly, the player will be able to choose between two different protagonists at the game's beginning. In the light scenario, the protagonist is a shrine maiden by the name of Cecilia, whereas the dark part's hero is a knight called Leevan. Depending on this choice, the setting, story and characters will change fundamentally.[/p]
961684_20100415_screen002.jpg
961684_20100326_screen001.jpg

Disgaea Infinite - 06/08

Disgaea Infinite takes the lovable characters and game world of the legendary Disgaea series and throws them into a fresh new "visual novel" game style, offering a thrilling mystery to solve, clues to hunt, and a suspect to track down. You are given full control over the story, including the ability to travel back and forth in time and choosing how characters will act, making for an exciting new experience in the Disgaea universe![/p]
[title:Pictures dood]
979197_20100517_screen002.jpg
979197_20100517_screen014.jpg

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - 06/08
(& Collections Edition and PSP Entertainment pack)

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker marks the return of the world-renowned stealth-action series. Hand-crafted by series creator Hideo Kojima, the all-new sequel delivers an original game design, story, and scenario as it picks up where Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater for the PlayStation 2 leaves off. [/p]
960566_20100504_screen005.jpg
960566_20100504_screen012.jpg

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable - 07/06

Terrible creatures lurk in the dark, preying on those who wander into the hidden hour between one day and the next. As a member of a secret school club, you must wield your inner power--Persona--and protect humanity from impending doom. Will you live to see the light of day?[/p]
gfs_138167_2_7.jpg
gfs_138167_2_11.jpg

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - 09/07

The game is a prequel to the original Kingdom Hearts, taking place ten years before, and features many previously unseen characters and unexplained plot elements from the series. The game centers on the journeys of Terra, Aqua, and Ventus, characters briefly featured in Kingdom Hearts II, in their quest to locate the missing Master Xehanort. The game also utilizes an overhauled battle system different from previous games in the series with new elements such as the Command Board, Command System and Dimension Links added in.[/p]
gfs_96206_2_2.jpg
gfs_96206_2_12.jpg

These are just some of the 'major' releases (I think). To check all releases go here

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's a whole lot of meh there for me. Played Modnation PSP, bored me. Metal Gear demo didn't do anything to make me want to play another 3D MGS game so skip that I guess.

When it comes down to it the only upcoming PSP games I'm interested in are:
Next God of War, whatever that is called.
Resident Evil Portable, if its still coming and not getting a Wii/3DS version.

That is it...two games. Hopefully they'll be something for the PSP at E3 but I don't see anything else coming that I'll be interested in. The sort of games I chose the PSP for aren't coming anymore, some of the minis look decent enough but that's it.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
On that list, the only games I'm looking forward to is MGS, Hexyz Force (pictures look good) and SMT:P3P.

I might download Disgaea Infinite if I get bored.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm looking forward to Hexyz Force -- in fact, I have a lot of hope for it. The PSP has been a breeding ground for shitty RPG after shitty RPG. Beyond The Legend of Heroes series in the beginning (and really, they're not all THAT great), and the FF Anniversary series, there aren't many decent traditional PSP RPGs.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Prowler485 said:
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - 06/08
(& Collections Edition and PSP Entertainment pack)

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker marks the return of the world-renowned stealth-action series. Hand-crafted by series creator Hideo Kojima, the all-new sequel delivers an original game design, story, and scenario as it picks up where Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater for the PlayStation 2 leaves off. [/p]
960566_20100504_screen005.jpg
960566_20100504_screen012.jpg
Isn't this... Some kind of Monster Hunter graphic ripoff?
The cat looks like the one from Monster Hunter, and the Dragon looks like the Rathalos from Monster Hunter.
Or is this just a prank?
wtf.gif

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Rebellion said:
Raika said:
Jolan said:
It's a secret mission in MGS:PW, and yes, you DO fight monsters from MH there.
lolwat?
Now this I've gotta see.
yay.gif
You fight Rathalos and Tigrex.

And you can fight one of the Metal Gears in a MH styled mission.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking forward to MGS, KH, and Disgaea. I have never really played a disgaea game(unless you count Prinny:CIRBTH?). The graphics for MGS:PW look amazing
wub.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was really thinking about starting a PSP Games of the Month thing but honestly there's not enough releases. So thanks Prowler for doing this instead.

I'm downloading ModNation Racers, it looks pretty good considering the PSP has like no kart racers. Nothing else really interests me outside of Peace Walker (which I'm still torn about) and maybe Birth By Sleep (provided it plays like the first game, which was good enough).

grape_garden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though it hasn't been confirmed for a U.S. released yet, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is definitely one to watch out for, even if it's a ways off.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This list overlooks many games, and also skips minis entirely, which seem to arrive unannounced and with little promotion. Despite that, there have been a few that are as enjoyable as any major release. At the very least, most of them seem to offer as much entertainment value as most DS games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo