Hardware PSP stick in New 3ds no xl

alex61194

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there i just recive my new 3ds but c stick is hard to use i read about use the psp stick but im unsure of doing it, is sure? the controls improve? if you can link a spanish tutorial would be awsome

S

Saiyan Lusitano

You can see how i move my finger and how it moves. i love it

Have you considered applying a proper analogue stick to the left side? On the top right that's obviously a no so I won't even ask. It'd be pretty cool if that'd work but the downside is, the 3DS wouldn't close.

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can you write a tutorial on this It's beautiful :wub:
It's pretty easy, i'd suggest open your 3ds, then just remove these 3 screws
c stick.jpg
and remove the rubber c stick then put the 3ds back together, and you can put in the psp-1000 nub, i glued mine in with super glue, but you can even use it without the glue.
there are easy tutorials on youtube, try searching ther

Reactions: BurningDesire

R0ME0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's really as simple as taking the old stick out and forcing the psp analog on the nub it sat on, you can take a look at the shapes to see the correct angle, however when I did this I found the PSP stick moved a little bit when pressed down, its certainly more sensitive but its not the perfect match I thought it was.

EDIT: Or if you dont want to break the default nub you can take it apart

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's really as simple as taking the old stick out and forcing the psp analog on the nub it sat on, you can take a look at the shapes to see the correct angle, however when I did this I found the PSP stick moved a little bit when pressed down, its certainly more sensitive but its not the perfect match I thought it was.

EDIT: Or if you dont want to break the default nub you can take it apart
the moving was the reason i put the super glue on it, fixed the moving it will never move again haha, just put a tiny bit of glue on and it won't wobble :)

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the same thing with my XL! :) It's SO much better! Even generic eBay ones work, they just HAVE to fit the PSP-1000 ONLY. Any newer PSP nub won't work. It does work on the N3DS non-XL as well. I did it for the first time on my non-XL and it worked. I never opened it though. I just carefully pried it out with my finger on the bottom right corner then cut the attached rubber.

Photo Apr 27, 12 57 48 AM.png

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this a few months ago. Literally just have to pop the c-stick out and put the psp stick in. Don't even have to take your 3ds apart. Works really well, but you have to get used to the sensitivity. It may work *too* well in some games.

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did this a few months ago. Literally just have to pop the c-stick out and put the psp stick in. Don't even have to take your 3ds apart. Works really well, but you have to get used to the sensitivity. It may work *too* well in some games.
just popping it out makes unesessary damage that can be easily avoided, just open it up, makes your life easyer when you don't like the psp stick

Last edited by Dennis G,

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have the ability of when i open something never will be the same
ther is no way for nintendo to ever see that you opened the backplate. if you rip out the c stick it's torn and they have proof of then, opening gives the option to perfectly fine removing + putting it back in
but your choice, i've ripped mine out on my xl regret that haha should have opened it, i've opened it so many times now anyway for hardmod and stuff

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
interesting! maybe if I get a new3Ds someday...
One time I asked about doing something alike with the main 3DS analog and a psvita stick and they told that it's not possible ô3o idk if they differ so much lol

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Same, did it on my XL. It's not perfect, it had a bit of play for example, which I "fixed" using double-faced tape. And now it's a bit weird, I can do up and down by pressing up and down, but I actually have to slide it to do left and right lol.
But anything is better than the original thing in my opinion. Seriously, who thought that making a circular D-Pad smaller than the A button was a good idea?

edit Did it by opening the N3DS, not by destroying the original nub. That's definitely doable without breaking anything if you're careful enough. And I'm not the soldering kind of person if you know what I mean.

Last edited by Hayleia,

alex61194

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
interesting! maybe if I get a new3Ds someday...
One time I asked about doing something alike with the main 3DS analog and a psvita stick and they told that it's not possible ô3o idk if they differ so much lol
with the psp vita i dont know but you can do the same in the circle pad with the psp stick too

Reactions: Sliter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol