Hacking Homebrew PSP slim firmware dumped

TaMs

Randomizer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Dark_Alex and Mathieuhl has been able to download the firmware from the internal flash memory.
They won't tell how they did it for some reason, but this certainly seems to me that psp "slim" will be hacked soon.

Mathieuhl said:
...we wont tell how it's been done, however it shows that hacking into the slim is possible with enough will...

Via
Maxconsole

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psp-hacks.com said:
No public release of the NAND dumper, yet. And don’t count on Mathieulh and/or Dark_AleX for theirs — it was achieved for their own educational purposes; just to show it’s possible. It wouldn’t serve the average Joe much use anyway.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
that he's quit the PSP scene doesn't mean that he's lost interest in hacking the PSP...he probably just stopped sharing information so he doesn't get f*cked by Sony...it's just a hobby after all, isn't it?

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even more ground breaking news. Apparently the M33 official site has a teaser that says ''M33 3.60 for the Psp Slim coming soon....''

There has been a lot of speculation as to how this will be accomplished but I am guessing it will be installed using a modified version of Pandora using a 3.60 Custom IPL to flash directly to 3.60 M33 Custom Firmware. Remember the blank screen we get when we tried to use Pandora with the Psp Slim suggested that the Service mode was triggered (other wise it would have booted to the XMB as usual) but the files on the Memory stick, particularly the 1.5 IPL could not be read (no surprise here all firmware below 3.60 blacklisted and different hardware type). Others speculate that a Hen type exploit was used but either way it looks like the Psp Slim will be seeing Custom Firmware sooner rather than later.

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~!
I need a psp slim now. I wish I had the money
frown.gif
How much can I sell a Fat psp (M33 custom fw) for?

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guess i'll need to get a slim soon. Homebrew is the only reason I haven't bought one yet. I just looooveee playing SNES and PS1 on my PSP!!
happy.gif

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
It's been out in Europe and Hong Kong for a little over a week I think. Supposed to be out in the US tomorrow.

As the release date draws closer, I get more anxious to get one. I went to the only local store that might carry it today to ask if they will have it, but they said only their "electronics guy" would know and he won't be in until tomorrow.

JohnDrake

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just got back from vacation. Picked up a slim at a WalMart. Its a nice bit of kit. Feels super smooth and sexy. Its much lighter and it just feels right in your hands.

D-pad is raised and feels much better. Diagonal problems still persist, as do the ghosting issues. Screen is much brigther, colors more vibrant. Overall I'm very satisfied. Its one sleek little machine.

Anyway this news about the firmware dumping really excites me. If this thing goes HEN my PSP slim will be perfect.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And the sad thing is, there's been absolutely no mention about the PSP Slim on TV or even a poster in my local gameing store talking about. Maybe during the run up to Christmas but apart from the battery, I still have no reason to trade in my PSP with custom firmware for the Slim

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Just got back from vacation. Picked up a slim at a WalMart. Its a nice bit of kit. Feels super smooth and sexy. Its much lighter and it just feels right in your hands.Â

D-pad is raised and feels much better. Diagonal problems still persist, as do the ghosting issues. Screen is much brigther, colors more vibrant. Overall I'm very satisfied. Its one sleek little machine.

Anyway this news about the firmware dumping really excites me. If this thing goes HEN my PSP slim will be perfect.

What's the battery life like? Is it a big improvement?

3.60 M33 CFW is coming out soon for the slim so now my interest in it has risen. I might get one if I can get a good trade in price or sell my phat to a mate.

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sony has to release the 3.60 fat firmware first and then we will get from m-33 a new 3.60 cfw.
For now 3.60 cfw only for lites. But noone stated how to install it, i mean you have to downgrade it first...

JohnDrake

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just got back from vacation. Picked up a slim at a WalMart. Â Its a nice bit of kit.  Feels super smooth and sexy.  Its much lighter and it just feels right in your hands. 

D-pad is raised and feels much better.  Diagonal problems still persist, as do the ghosting issues.  Screen is much brigther, colors more vibrant.  Overall I'm very satisfied.  Its one sleek little machine.

Anyway this news about the firmware dumping really excites me.  If this thing goes HEN my PSP slim will be perfect.

What's the battery life like? Is it a big improvement?

3.60 M33 CFW is coming out soon for the slim so now my interest in it has risen. I might get one if I can get a good trade in price or sell my phat to a mate.

Better than the original PSP battery but not quite as good as the Stamina Battery in my first PSP.

Btw, what do we call the old unit now? The moniker "phat" is already taken.

JohnDrake

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, 3.60 M33 is out...but it requires you to have a pandora battery a.k.a. the old phat battery.

PSP1k? and PSP2k/Slim/Lite?

I like that one.

Anyway, speaking of batteries, a lot of shops in my area have been dumping the old/original version of the PSP battery in favor of the stamina battery. I was able to pick up a few spare packs on the cheap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM