Hacking PSP Signed Homebrew on Vita.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Truthfully, I don't care if it's possible or not beyond simple curiosity.

I have a few emulators that have been "signed" and work on my unhacked PSP go.

Will they work on my brand-new, fully updated Vita?

Again, don't honestly care, but it would save me a little weight in my usual work bag if I didn't bring two machines if one can do the job.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will work provided that you have a firmware compatible with VHBL, and an exploitable game, but since yours is fully updated... sorry.
From what I'm reading, it would only work with VHBL, which wasn't my question at all. I wanted to know if the items that were signed as official could play without the need for VHBL. They cannot.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It will work provided that you have a firmware compatible with VHBL, and an exploitable game, but since yours is fully updated... sorry.
From what I'm reading, it would only work with VHBL, which wasn't my question at all. I wanted to know if the items that were signed as official could play without the need for VHBL. They cannot.
Just tried to help. ;)

The PSP's key is different to that of the Vita, thus the signature would not be valid. I assumed that your main goal was to boot the homebrew.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emulators, yes. And from what I've read it's not just that the Vita key is different, it's the aforementioned lack of XMB and one of the reasons not all PSP games work on the Vita. The server apparently checks to see whether it's a Vita of PSP trying to download the game, and sends the right version for the console.

This would explain why a lot of people who had PSP content on their PS3 units had to re-download. New versions, new keys for said versions.

Though, and bear in mind I am not a coder, wouldn't finding the new key be simple if that was the only check? I'm guessing it isn't the only check, and all the cat and mouse games on the PSP taught a few new tricks.

Not that the Vita won't be bent over and used like the PSP was, but it may take a bit more effort this time.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not even accurate. He asked about signed homebrew, which cannot be run with HBL. HBL only works with unsigned. But I'm just nit picking :P

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Not even accurate. He asked about signed homebrew, which cannot be run with HBL. HBL only works with unsigned. But I'm just nit picking :P
You are indeed. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou