PSP(s) with newer/latest firmware

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by gamecaptor, Sep 20, 2010.

Sep 20, 2010
  1. gamecaptor
    OP

Member gamecaptor R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!

United States
    Hello all,

I have two questions that are related (and I suspect will have the same answer for both, but I want to be sure).

First question: My girlfriend’s little brother has a PSP-100X with the latest firmware on it (6.31). He has asked me about soft-modding it and I’m not entirely sure how to do it with the latest firmware. I THINK I just need to use a Pandora Battery and Magic Memory Stick to bring the firmware back down to 5.03 and then I can install the CFW. (I actually have a Pandora Battery and MMS that I put together several years ago, probably just need to get it more current).

Second question: I have a PSP-100X and I’m considering getting a PSP-200X for the brighter screen and TV out option. Assuming I can find one with the proper motherboard, I’m guessing I will find that it has the latest firmware as well. So like my first question, I’m assuming I will need to use a Pandora and MMS to bring the firmware back down, then install the CFW.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

2. jargus

Member jargus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    No matter what firmware, you need a Pandora and formatted stick to install CFW

3. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Yup to both

There is some PSP bundles that are 100% hackable, I'm not sure which ones though but a quick Google and you'll find it.

@jargus; not if the firmware is below 5.03, you don't

4. wayne1482

Newcomer wayne1482 Newbie

United Kingdom
  5. gamecaptor
    OP

Member gamecaptor R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!

United States
    ok, so in both cases, use a Pandora and MMS to get firmware back to 5.03 (or lower) and then install CFW (sounds like Prometheus-2 is the way to go). Thank you for confirming for me.

Looking into the 200X, it looks like these packages are hackable:
    God of War Bundle
    Star Wars Bundle
    Daxter Bundle