PSP runs UMD instead of ISO from PC

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by lolerguy, Jan 19, 2012.

Jan 19, 2012
  1. lolerguy
    OP

Newcomer lolerguy Newbie

United States
    Hey all :)

Just got a PSP-2004 with the TA-85 (02g) motherboard and installed CFW 6.20 PRO B10 with permanent mode!

As I only got a 1GB memorystick as of now, I wanted to try to run one of my UMD games I got with the PSP from my PC as an Iso.

I found out how to install the PSP-type B drivers on my Windows 7 64-bit PC.

Then I have hooked it up with USB and use IRSHELL or USB ISO loader in some occations to find the ISO.

When I am using IRSHELL (The latest version) I run the usb host connect and redirect so the PSP sees it as a secondary memorystick.

Then I enter the fake memorystick (My PC folder in this case) and clicks on the ISO with UMD in the PSP (as it cannot run any iso with a UMD). Then it just starts the UMD no matter what. I have tried the different UMD ISO modes as well (M33, NP driver as well as Inferno...) The same thing happens when I run USB ISO loader!

I am quite confused why it doesn't work, so I thought that maybe you out there had some more knowledge then me to know how to solve this, as I cannot find anything related to this issue on Google nor Gbatemp.

I would also like to know if anyone knows where I can find an updated tutorial on how to do this properly, and some good plugins for this as well. :)

Thank you all in advance!

2. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    IRSHELL is dead
    is has NOT and will not be update to use a newer CFW

there is no patch file for newer CFW, that is need to get IRshell to work

forget usb loading
    and buy a bigger MS

3. lolerguy
    OP

Newcomer lolerguy Newbie

United States
    Thanks for a quick reply :)

As I am a little short on money, I would like to favor the use of USB at the moment, otherwise I will probably buy a bigger MS when I can afford one.

Would it be possible to downgrade then in order to use USB somehow?

Thank you once again :)

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    If you really want to yes, but it will also hurt your game compatibility.
    http://gbatemp.net/topic/293978-how-to-softmod-hack-your-psp/
    Section 1 shows you how to get down to a clean 5.00 OFW, from there you can do the normal 5.00 M33 install, instructions are laying around somewhere on the internet.

5. lolerguy
    OP

Newcomer lolerguy Newbie

United States
    Thank you for your response as well, even though it was 5 days ago, thought the thread had died out.

I am definately gonna check it out, so thank you very much :)