Gaming PSP repair question

Rogue_Ninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a psp I have not touched in a few years, Its a 1001 series. I broke the joystick while playing DBZ, well that is what I hope I did. Basically when playing the game the character is stuck moving forward. Now I was jamming pretty hard on DBZ. I removed the joystick and just havent gotten around to it replacing it. Any recommendations for a site with cheap repair parts? Also probably gonna need a new charger and battery. Finally what are my options for hacking it? Thanks in advance.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
A replacement joystick can be had for $2-3 online, just remember to keep the silicone pad from the current one. You could also consider using the JoySens plugin (once it's hacked) to reset/change the calibration so the characters aren't constantly moving forward (resetting the center zone).

As for hacking it, check the softmod sticky.

Rogue_Ninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im hoping the character moving forward part stops when I replace the joystick. Just so I order the right one. Im looking for the 1000 series it doesnt have to be specifically 1001?

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Rogue_Ninja said:
Im hoping the character moving forward part stops when I replace the joystick. Just so I order the right one. Im looking for the 1000 series it doesnt have to be specifically 1001?

Yes, 10XX = FAT/Original PSP, XX meaning country code.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
A replacement joystick can be had for $2-3 online, just remember to keep the silicone pad from the current one. You could also consider using the JoySens plugin (once it's hacked) to reset/change the calibration so the characters aren't constantly moving forward (resetting the center zone).

As for hacking it, check the softmod sticky.

I'm glad I stopped by to read this because my analog's been acting up and I didn't know there was a plugin to fix it....that's probably what I need.

Rogue_Ninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok all done soft modding. Still need to repair the joystick. However is there other options out there for memory besides the pro duo's. Sorry ive not looked at anything PSP in years.

Rogue_Ninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Again you can use the JoySens plugin to redo the calibration to make it work properly.

As for memory sticks, you can get an adapter to use MicroSD cards.

Thanks Rydian I forgot to add that I did install Joysens and it works fine. Just not a fan of the pad. Ill have to look for the adapter.

Rogue_Ninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the micro sd adapter on order anything else you can recommend. Ive got a snes and nes emulator and they work great. Dont really have the memory yet to try an actual psp game except some Street Fighter game.

Rogue_Ninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to install IR shell and having some issues on where to put files. Ive gotten the IR shell screen to come up but thats it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool