Hacking PSP Remote Control App for 6.60 ProC-3

aleXXXps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I know a long time ago (back in the 1.50 days) I was able to use my PSP as a remote control with my TV sets. I've recently started using my PSP again after a few years, and I am on 6.60 ProC-3 and want to try the remote control thing again.

I've searched a few forums, but can't seem to find an app that works on the newest firmware. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to get this working again?

Thanks!!!

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm assuming you have a 1000 (i.e. Original PSP), none of the others have IR because it was never used for anything official. Anyway, the only homebrew I know for doing that was iR Shell, and I don't think it can be used on 6.XX PRO I'm afraid.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It looks like iR Shell might work OK on 6.60 PRO, just some features (i.e. ISO loading, maybe some others) don't work and certain things are buggy (e.g. exitting the app apparently crashes the PSP). See here: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=4557

Just make sure you don't install any of the patches included with iR Shell, they're liable to brick your PSP. But you have to do that manually anyway, so it's unlikely you'd do it by accident.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat