Hardware PSP questions

Havocbean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, just wanted to ask a few questions.
Whats the best community for PSP Homebrew (i.e the site that is like GBAtemp for psp
smile.gif
)
When you download psp roms, can you play them online/multiplayer (Battlefront / Medal of Honor)
any information would be awesome - I just got a PSP and I want to know what I can do with it!
Thanks

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1) try www.maxconsole.net under psp section, www.psp-hacks.com, forums @ qj.net under psp. Should be everything you need.

2) When you're running isos, you can generally do multiplayer over wifi or online pending on the game and your emulation method. But there are exceptions, ex. currently no matter how you run socom 2 (SE-C, devhook hybrid 2.71/2.8x) you cannot play online but you can play online with the new devhook .5101 emulating 3.02 firmware. But in general, most games will work with just SE-C by DA.

Happy reading.

WildCard

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://www.pspmod.com/forums/
http://www.psp-hacks.com/

Those are the two sites that I use to get most of the information about homebrew and such. I recommend getting DevHook, IR Shell, PSPVideo 9, PiMPStreamer, Portable VNC, PSP FTPD, PSP Radio, WIFI Controller, plus the emulators. Those are what I generally keep on my 512MB stick. The 2GB stick gets the mp3s and mp4s.

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
so, is there a sure fire method of hacking a PSP and playing PSP ISOs on it from the mem card?
or just a hack in general to play PSP 'roms'

lol, gues there isnt a UMB flashcart for it?

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
so ur PSP has firmware 1.5
you have a PSP ISO on ur memory stick (how big are games btw?!?)
*next bits guess work cus i dont have one*
you select the option to look at whats on your memory stick
navigate to the game
run

and you're done

yeah?

is there a way to downgrade firmware to 1.5?
or is there an aplication to mimik 1.5 while still running the newest firmware?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's only 2 firmwares you can use to play isos, 2.71 and 1.5. 1.5 is most convenient to allow direct loading of isos through devhook or upgrading to 2.71 SE by DA to play isos. For all the TA-082 users, they're using 2.71 firmware with DA's Homebrew Enabler (HEN) D to run another version of devhook to load isos.....and for all the people with firmwares 2.8x+......they're SOL.

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if i were you i'd get a new one now. as some of the units will still have 2.6 firmware and a ta-82 mobo. newer psp's will have the 3.0 firmware. and a ta-84 mobo. i have no idea what firmware is blocked on the ta-84 but it's been cited around.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
meh, could u brick ur PSP doin this tho?

im not guna be gettin one until the price drops tbh,
and im more than happy with DSing it up

biggrin.gif

cheers for the info peeps
Theoretically, it's possible. But the chances of that happening (assuming you are talking about using Hen D + Devhook for 2.71) is pretty much nothing. If you wait for more price drops, you will likely get newer firmware/mobos.

It's not much of a bother to load isos on 2.71. After it's setup it's simply load an image, psp restarts, load devhook, pick iso, emulated fw loads and you play your game.

bakhalishta

my teef hurt
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question : What is the best way to play psp iso's on my 1.5 PSP ?
Is DevHook v0.51.0100 enough ? Apparently the main feature is the ability to emulate the 3.02 firmware (which I'm not interested in), is it still good ?

bakhalishta

my teef hurt
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question : What is the best way to play psp iso's on my 1.5 PSP ?
Is DevHook v0.51.0100 enough ? Apparently the main feature is the ability to emulate the 3.02 firmware (which I'm not interested in), is it still good ?

That's the only thing I use to play ISO in my opinion.
What psp do you have ? 1.5 ?

I've been looking around for information and apparently I NEED the firmware emulation for some games to work.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you'll want to use 3.02 OE released later today by DA. That's going to be much better than the buggy devhook, I've been using .5101 and been happy so far since I use it only for MGS portable ops, but the new custom firmware is where it's at. Stay tuned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things