Homebrew Question PSP / PSX emulation any soon?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There already is one with lakka but I guess you mean on horizon. It'll be a while, they only just got OpenGL. But it shouldn't be long now, unless they concentrate on n64 first

Techjunky90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
full speed non glitched out ps1 N64 etc emulation won't happen anytime soon, hints the bounty for arm64 dynarec.

mesakagi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read somewhere emulators for both psx and psp do not support audio out through jack and wireless. Anyone can confirm?

tabnk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSX on RetroNX software mode are close (55-58fps) to full speed. Arm64 dynarec is not necessary and it will lower compatibility too.

If PSX on RetroNX update to OpenGL hardware acceleration than it should gain full speed 60fps.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As far as a standalone version of PPSSPP (PSP emulation) goes, the Switch port of SDL2, as far as I know, hasn't yet been updated to support OpenGL as of this writing (however, it's a work in progress on the Github repo, which you can watch here ), that's one major hurdle. There's also an issue of needing implementations of something called "std::mutex" and "std::thread", but this shouldn't be too hard to do. Getting PPSSPP's ARM64 JIT to work should also not be that difficult.

As for the libretro version, I'm not sure where that stands.

Last edited by daxtsu,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Here’s an official thread about ppsspp port on switch

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/10934

Daxtsu is absolutely right we just need to update SDL2 to support OpenGL in order to get it to work.

I figured this was the path of least resistance. With so much stuff that's standard (or will be soon), PPSSPP should build mostly unmodified once it's all ready.

Reactions: Fadi5555

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn