Psp Ps1 Saves usable in pc psx emulator ?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by kazekun, Jul 25, 2011.

Jul 25, 2011
  1. kazekun
    OP

Member kazekun GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    This is a long shot [​IMG] but maybe some of you have actually tryed this, since i alredy know i cant play ps1 games on multiplayer with 2 psp unless i have a ps3 controller, heres what i tough, for exemple, if its a game like digimon world 1 where it requires you to have 2 memory cards, this is easily playable in any pc ps1 emulator, now, is it possible to play the game on the psp, and use the same saves you have on the psp on a pc emulator for psx ? (no idea wich formats and stuff are the saves of ps1 in psp)

2. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    There is a cfw plugin for PSP to load raw save files from PC emulators.

I didn't use it a lot, but I think there's a way to export memory card too.
    I don't remember the name but I can find it in few min.
    I'll edit here [​IMG]

Edit:
    Yes, it's cwcheat [​IMG]

I used it once to import a ePSXe save to PS3.

3. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    cwcheat should be able to Export the save in mcr format
    as well as IMPORT the MCR format

most ps1 emulator support mcr format

each ps1 game Dose have 2 memory cards when you play them on the PSP
    slot1
    and
    slot2

4. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    I think OP is saying you need two different memory cards, one with one save and one with another.
    PSP PS1 saves act as memory card 1 & 2 of that game so it's not possible to transfer another save from a different PSP while retaining the original save.
    All this is possible on PS3 so I don't know why they didn't give better support for this on PSP.

5. kazekun
    OP

Portugal
    Well my main objective is convert the VMP (Psp save files of ps1 games) to a PSV (emulator type of save) and use both as diferent memory cards, like prowler said, i am really interested in playing ps1 digimon world in multiplayer as it is a game i really miss, but, this is impossible unless i can figure out a way to make 2 diferent memory card saves, since the game always asks for diferent memory cards. And getting to play the game on psp, then having the multiplayer fights on pc would be nice, since i could be playing it alone away from home.

6. kazekun
    OP

Portugal
    Alright i did it [​IMG] so for anyone who wants the same stuff heres how i did it, i downloaded a program called MemcardRex 0.8, i opened the vmp file wich was made with the psp, then i converted the Vmp file to MCR and opened the files with ePSXe latest version, and now i can play my digimon world 1 save from the psp on the pc emulador [​IMG] working perfectly thanks for trying to help guys.