psp ps1 emulator

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
is the offcial ps1 emulator out yet for psp i want to buy final fantasy 7 :Dfor my psp thanks
yaynds.gif

Inu268

woof
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yes it is
you need a ps3 to get the games
no ff7 yet
but the ps1 emu at dcemu is supposed to run ff7 almost full speed....or so I heard

[edit]

you are on 1.5/2.71 right?

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know it's geeky and quibbling, but technically it's no "emulator," because it isn't mimicking the PS1 hardware; the games are ports. And there are plenty of "ports" that we wouldn't consider "emulation," so why would this be considered emulation ? ? ?

also I say they are ports because if they were just ISOS, the game screen would have to be cropped or stretched, L2+R2 would need some special remapping, no 2nd analog (although they could easily create some sort of 2nd analog USB attachment) But you obviously know all this.

Inu268

woof
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know it's geeky and quibbling, but technically it's no "emulator," because it isn't mimicking the PS1 hardware; the games are ports. And there are plenty of "ports" that we wouldn't consider "emulation," so why would this be considered emulation ? ? ?

also I say they are ports because if they were just ISOS, the game screen would have to be cropped or stretched, L2+R2 would need some special remapping, no 2nd analog (although they could easily create some sort of 2nd analog USB attachment)Â But you obviously know all this.

huh?you can either play it with the screen cropped, or resized
and l2+r2 are analog to the left and analog right....the controls can be remapped to a certain extent though...
they are emulated, if sony was just to port the old ps1 games they would press it on UMDs and have them sell for 40$...just like BoF3/ToE/insert any other port here

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)