Hacking PSP on a CRT TV and other stuff...

RRacer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Looking to convert my PSP 3000 into a console so to speak... I've got a component cable coming for it to go on the TV and I also have a PS3 controller which i want to try and get working via USB. Ultimately I just want the PSP to be a home console not a portable.

I have custom firmware on the memory card (soft mod at the moment) so i can run various homebrew stuff. My questions are:

Can i run the PSP on my normal CRT TV? It does not have component but I'm 99% sure it will do 480p. Is there anything i can use to convert to scart or something? I want this as I want zero input lag like HD tv's tend to give. My CRT is really nice on 480p/i stuff too.

Second question is... Is there a way to get my PS3 controller to work directly on the PSP via a single USB cable?

thanks for any advice

Thedge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
your CRT doesn't have component input?? just get a CRT with component or get a VCR with component and hook that up to your CRT or something. my psp GO works great on every crt in my house so like? As for the ps3 controller, don't those just connect with bluetooth? you really don't need to plug it in to the psp, unless you want to charge it i guess?? in which case just plug it in normally when you aren't using it i guess.

RRacer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen people connect via usb connection on the 2000/3000 series. I don't want the input lag from bluetooth either. I'm going for world records on a certain game on the PSP so i need no input lag.

And yes the CRT only has composite and scart, no component.

Thedge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
step 1, get a component crt, they're cheaper than a gud succ. step 2, do some research on how and why the have them wired to the psp. if the controller is anything like the xbox controllers the wire is only for charging but i could be wrong. either way just like, look up info on the controllers and stuff. but like, for sure get a better crt, or try the vcr method tho that might introduce lag?? idk.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If input lag is too small to notice by humans then is it relevant? I mean i can understand a fact. FACT: There is input lag. But do people actually notice it? Is not as bad as if you play a game online and press a button to see on screen a whole second later that it is delayed. Besides, most people either believe in it or just know it as fact and just continue to work with it. :unsure:

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even when its connected through mini usb?
Yes, micro usb is only for charging on the PS3 IIRC. wired only really became an option again with the 2nd revision of the PS4 controller. wireless always has a delay because it has to go through the steps of encryption -> broadcasting -> decryption of your inputs before they actually register.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, micro usb is only for charging on the PS3 IIRC. wired only really became an option again with the 2nd revision of the PS4 controller. wireless always has a delay because it has to go through the steps of encryption -> broadcasting -> decryption of your inputs before they actually register.
have you actually used a DS3 with a psp go? there's absolutely no perceptible input lag

AlanWeird

Trophies
XP
Country
Can i run the PSP on my normal CRT TV? It does not have component but I'm 99% sure it will do 480p. Is there anything i can use to convert to scart or something? I want this as I want zero input lag like HD tv's tend to give. My CRT is really nice on 480p/i stuff too.

thanks for any advice

I'm 100% certain it won't do 480p. As 480p REQUIRES component. :P unless your tv magically has vga ;)

torrent_get

Trophies
XP
Country
If your playing rhythm action games then yes wireless controller and or hdtv will trip you up.

PSP games will have big boarders on all sides unless you have a scaler (more lag) or hdtv with zoom ability or pstv which displays PSP fullscreen.

CRT tv`s in uk rarely shipped with component input unless it was high end model. Anyways we had RGB scart.

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you actually used a DS3 with a psp go? there's absolutely no perceptible input lag
Even if somebody can't perceive it that doesn't mean that the input lag doesn't exist. I'm merely talking about input lag being there in the first place due to how the technology works.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The PSP 2000/3000 can do S-Video out for PS1 EBOOTs only. Likewise, PSP games can only be played over Component video cables, and not the S-Video cable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: