Hacking PSP Newbie firmware on it.

dori2o

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Youngest daughter wanted a PSP for Christmas and we've got one (psp2002) which has 6.60PRO-B9 on it.
It doesn't come with a memory card so I suppose that is the first thing on my list.
We have some game ISO's that she can play, and a couple of movies.

So, is there anything special I need to do once I have the memory card?

What directories will I need to set up on the card?

Do I need to download anything in preperation?

Do I need to update the firmware, and if so, whats the easiest way to do it?

Never had anything to do with Playstations before, I'm strictly a Nintendo guy normally.

Thanks for all help.

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
just put the memory stick in, go into settings/system menu and select format memory stick.
from there, connect the psp to the computer, select usb connect from the settings menu, drag and drop iso in the iso folder on the root of the ms.

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Well if the 6.60 PRO-B9 remains even after you close the psp then you have a fully hackable psp - 2000 which means you are currently on the best cfw for your device .

For directories you just put the memory card in the psp & format it with it .That will make all the folders except maybe the iso folder . You then connect the psp to your computer & make an a folder called iso in the root of the memory card & place all the isos you download in it.

Finally now PRO-B10 is the latest cfw but it doesn't have many advantages except some small bug fixes so you can remain on B9 for now or check Rydian sticky guide on how to update if you want .

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Useful directories:
[root]\PSP\GAME (iirc, automatically made when you format in your psp): all of your hacking software/homebrews/eboots go here
[root]\ISO (manually make it): put your ISO/CSOs in here
[root]\seplugins (manually make it): put plugins in here, as well as your game.txt, vsh.txt, and pops.txt; plugins aren't a need, but will enhance your experience. ;)

Here's a detailed guide by Rydian; with this, you won't have problems finding the files and procedures needed to hack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night