ragingchaosgod

JUBILEUS QAAL OVOF VOMSARG
OP
Trophies
Website
therokuryu.tumblr.com
XP
Country
So... I'm hoping to get a PSP soon and I wanna know what the essentials are. What do I need to run ISOs? For the DS, I know you need a flash cart and a microSD... so what do I need for the PSP?
Anyone have any recommendations on what to use? And how big do the memory sticks get? I've seen PSP ISOs be as big as 1GB at least...

And while I'm at it, any good RPG reccomendations?

ace1o1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
animeforumz.com
XP
Country
United States
well, it depends on which psp you are getting. currently the only ones that can be fully hacked are the psp 1000 and 2000.
the psp 2000 with the TA 0083 v3 board and all psp 3000s are unhackable using the pandora method and you must use chickHEN to play isos. if your firmware is above 5.03, then it is no use to even try using chickHEN until a newer version is made. (for 2000's with a TA 0083 v3 board and 300x's)

the psp go has CFW, but it hasn't been released by typhoon (they said that they won't release it).

if you're getting a phat or 2000 you can use the pandora method or there is another way... i'm unsure of this method, but you can hack a psp without a pandora battery. and you will need to make a magic memory stick as well. and if the firmware of the psp 2000 is above a certain one then you can't downgrade it, but the psp phat can be hacked no matter what (i hacked my friend's and he had 6.10
wink.gif
)

the 2000's with the TA 0083 v3 boards need to use chickHEN as with the 3000 also, but like i said, if you're firmware is above 5.03, then you can't use chickHEN at all.

(if any of this is wrong, then just tell me, i think i got everything right?)

i use a dual adapter memory stick for my psp 2000, you stick 2 micro sd cards in and it uses it as one. up to 32 gbs on each micro sd card.
and the largest psp iso/cso that i have is a little under 2 gbs...

eternal eyes is a good rpg once you convert it from psx to psp.

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure to get a PSP 1000 (Phat/Fat) or an older PSP 2000 (Slim). These are the only ones that can be "hacked". Just in case, you might want to get a Pandora battery as well. It'll probably come in handy later on.

The memory sticks get as big as 16GB as far as I know. You can get a MicroSD to MemoryStick adapter. A while back I saw a link to a dual-slot MicroSD to MemoryStick adapter, which let people potentially have 32GB of space.

Some good RPGs include Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, Phantasy Star Portable, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona, and Monster Hunter. These are all (Except SMT: Persona) action RPGs. If you're really into Action RPGs, I'd recommend Monster Hunter.

EDIT: Damn. Ace beat me lol. But the magic memory stick method requires a pandora battery, if that's what you meant to say. And as far as I know there's no firmware limit to a Pandora, even on a slim.

ragingchaosgod

OP
Trophies
Website
therokuryu.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I think I got all that! I'd been reading up on the PSP 3000 being unhackable so I was aiming for a 2000. Thanks for the info! If there's anything else I should know... keep it coming.

ace1o1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
animeforumz.com
XP
Country
United States
The dual-slot memory stick that i mentioned is called the MS Pro Duo Dual Slot Adapter CR-5400. (my psp was on when i was typing the first post)

i think that that's about it! if you have any questions, just let me know!
wink.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
specialjerm said:
Make sure to get a PSP 1000 (Phat/Fat) or an older PSP 2000 (Slim). These are the only ones that can be "hacked". Just in case, you might want to get a Pandora battery as well. It'll probably come in handy later on.

The memory sticks get as big as 16GB as far as I know. You can get a MicroSD to MemoryStick adapter. A while back I saw a link to a dual-slot MicroSD to MemoryStick adapter, which let people potentially have 32GB of space.

Some good RPGs include Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, Phantasy Star Portable, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona, and Monster Hunter. These are all (Except SMT: Persona) action RPGs. If you're really into Action RPGs, I'd recommend Monster Hunter.

EDIT: Damn. Ace beat me lol. But the magic memory stick method requires a pandora battery, if that's what you meant to say. And as far as I know there's no firmware limit to a Pandora, even on a slim.
I "think" their 32gb ones so you can get up to 64gb.

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
specialjerm said:

I "think" their 32gb ones so you can get up to 64gb.
I had no idea that there are 32GB memory sticks o_o
That's still way too much space for me x_x

ragingchaosgod

OP
Trophies
Website
therokuryu.tumblr.com
XP
Country
XD That's a TON of space... handy tip tho! Thanks!

I'll go shop around sooner or later and I'll let you guys know if I have any more questions. I'm also looking around a few of the "How to install CFW" tutorials and I have to admit, my head's spinning a bit.
...If my 9 year old cousin can do this, so can I!

FNQer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
specialjerm said:
If you can get your hands on a PSP with firmware 5.03 or lower, you can just use ChickHEN and Hellcat's Recovery flasher.

just installled cfw on my psp slim using this method - straightforward.

i was dreading that i had the ta-088v3 motherboard - though initially, i thought that this m/b was not hackable. once upon a time, it wasn't hackable while other m/b versions were. now, this m/b is not hackable using pandora battery but can be hacked using ChickHEN - from my understanding. but chickHEN is different to full cfw.

i established that i didn't have that m/b - though i don't know specifically which m/b i do have, i know that i don't have that ta-088v3.

so, if going for psp slim - probably avoid ta-088v3 m/b. there are a number of ways to find out whether the psp slim has the ta-088v3 - from reading the writing in the battery compartment (serial # and Date Code), the labelling on the retail packaging, what the original official firmware was/is etc...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Sicklyboy I was reading your post on the lgbtq batman