Gaming Psp malfunction?

rpspartin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woke up this morning to find coke all over my ps and was wondering if their was anyway to fix the problem. If I plug it into a outlet,put in pandora battery,or try to turn it on, the screen stays black and the wifi light dims,and flickers.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like your PSP has a hard drug habit. Find your nearest rehab clinic and check it in...don't listen to the pleading and tears...it's for it's own good....oh.....wait...

YOU MEANT THE SOFT DRINK! Best option is to stick it in a bowl of rice for 24 hours to absorb any residue but given that the liquid in question is sticky and congealing i'd say if you're not confident opening it up and giving it an inspection you're probably best selling on ebay and getting a new one.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like it's too late, because the _first thing you should have done_ without exception would be to not supply power to it. You did and probably shorted it.

You can purchase a kit to clean electronics. Mostly you just need it for the brush and a micro cloth is good too. You should clean it with distilled water. You don't want to use tap because that contains minerals that will most likely leave residue. You would want to disassemble and thoroughly clean the unit, but really it depends where exactly the soda was spilled. I don't know offhand what effect that has if it contacted the screen, and I imagine it can't be good for speakers. But everything pertaining to the buttons, the circuit board, etc. would be salvageable.

But again, that was provided you hadn't supplied power to it. You can try it anyway, but it's likely totalled. I've seen exactly what you describe in other gadgets that were submerged in some type of liquid, either while powered or after the fact. It's to be expected that current would make it to something like an LED but fail to boot.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you felt ok with disassembling it partially, you could submerge all of it in some pure (deionised) water for a while, then take it out and let it dry. You might not even need to disassemble it though, not sure. It should get rid of any impurities that were in the cola.

Don't turn it on in the meantime. Seeing as you've already turned it on, it may be too late, but still worth trying. If you have the water.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you can apply any water to an LCD. I know that it's strongly advised to never use them to clean one, for example. I doubt that would permit submerging it.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My dad spilt something on his phone and put it in pure water once, and it was fine afterwards. Is your information about LCDs regarding normal impure water or any sort of water including pure?

rpspartin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is i found one problem to using a forum on something like this....I had forgotten that i posted this thread. in fact i had compltly forgotten about the whole incident until i tried to go and play FFIX on it... It is experiencing some weird things...First no led lights. Secound It does power on. Thired when ever I go to the internet browser and try to type something in it auto delets what i typed. 4th umds wont play [might just be the one i have havent tried any otheres. 5th any messege that pops up frezzez the system Ex: content can not be displayed/please check that the wlan switch is on etc... I think this might have something to do with the auto delete thing. 6th is i can actually see were i belive the coke too have gotten into the system
based on what you all have said i am surprised it is running at all. my psp is missing the analog stick so i think a lot more got in their then it should have.

Will try the rice thing along with a manule cleening. any other advice please let me know...

(typing all this on dsi browser is fustrating.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s