PSP Homebrew Questions

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Youkai, Jun 15, 2008.

Jun 15, 2008

PSP Homebrew Questions by Youkai at 9:53 PM (1,474 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    I am currently trieng to get some things working since 2 hours and still no chance [​IMG]V

1. Afkim
    i put it into PSP/GAME and when i try to run it its just black screen ...
    or does it just take that long to load ?

2. IRShell + USBHost / RemoteJoy
    IRShell seems to work even thaught i don't know why its twice in the list [​IMG]V just 2 different Skins ... would like to know how to delete on of those. (what files i need / can delete)
    But i just can't get it to work to see the PSP screen in RemoteJoy ... i read i could stream music, isos and whatever from PC with this stuff but just won't work. I think i need an explanation understandable for Noobs (especialy cuz i do not understand everything perfectly)

I have that IRshell 3.9 with that "patch" they had on their homepage and loaded the RemoteJoy4RS installed the driver that was with it and still no pic ... the psp does not show that error about not beeing able to connect but i don't have the screen on my computer and i do not know how to stream something to the psp

-------

ok seems i can acces the pc now but when i try to start iso it just runs the umd [​IMG]V

2. SugaDaddy

Newcomer SugaDaddy Advanced Member

United States
    what cfw do u have

3. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    3.90 M-33

i think this is what you want to know right ?

---------

other "problem" IRShell starts automatically all the time, but when i disable that autorun it makes "problems" when i try to manually start it ...

4. SugaDaddy

Newcomer SugaDaddy Advanced Member

United States
    yeah thats what i needed to know

for afkim, try using this site for help afkimforum

as for irshell, i cant help u there, i dont use it

5. Shyn

Member Shyn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Theres a program called "RemoteJoy4iRS" (Remote Joy for IRShell), which works a lot better than the normal Remote Joy, if that is what you are trying to use. There are also the USBHost and NetHost drivers that you have to install on your computer for it to work. The two different IRShell icons that appear in your game list are different, the one with the palm leaves are for the 3.80/3.90 firmware version, the one without the palm leaves is for the 1.5 kernel.

As for IRShell running the umd, you need to apply the btcnfpatch for it to load properly if you are using UMD Required mode. If you use one of the No UMD modes, this won't happen.

6. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    1. I use RemoteJoy4iRS already XD

2. Yeah i have that USBHost driver from the Driver folder from that RemoteJoy4iRS.exe

3. umm so i should use the one with the palm ? good [​IMG] i already sayed to delete the other one XD didn't like the skin at all.

4. umm UMD mode and non umd mode ? if i use another button than the first in the list it just restarts irshell for me.

7. Shyn

United States
    1. There are two versions, the newer version sometimes doesn't work as well under Vista. http://www.irshell.org/wikishell/index.php?title=Downloads

2. Is it installed? Or just sitting there, it does no good if it isn't installed.

4. Install btcnfpatch, that was the gist of what I was saying.

8. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    ok i got that btcnfpatch but in the thread in irshell that guy just say "Install the 3.90 M33 No-UMD patch by following the instructions in the User Guide." but i have no clue what user guid ...
    -------------------------------
    ok i think i just did it XD

-------------------------------

yay i can start iso [​IMG]

now only thing that does not want to work is tha see the psp screen on the computer .. but well its not that important

9. Shyn

United States
    I think he's referring to the PDF that comes with IRShell.