Hacking PSP hacking/modding F.A.Q.

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This kind of fits here, and I did some searching with out luck. I currently have a PSP-1001, I am looking at getting a PSP-3000 as I tend to use my PSP a lot for Emulation of older consoles and some of the great games on it...

The Japanese consoles have some nice looks and getting them from Japan on eBay is fairly cheap. The only thing that is holding me back as a Japanese menu that I cant read.

Do any of these CFW offer a region mod, so I can turn a Japanese PSP 3000 to US PSP-3000?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, so... awkward as this is, after a while of being without a working psp, finally broke down and picked up another one. this time a psp 1001, my first 1k series.

So, easily enough got Infinity 2.03 and 6.61 PRO-C2 running. That much was easy enough to do.

Still though, I find myself missing old TempAR for cheat codes, and seems copy-pasting my old archived copy of it no longer works. Is there an updated cheats utility around that can work on a PSP 1k model?

Also, i remember hearing way back about how there was a homebrew to be able to use the IR port like a universal remote, and I can't help but think how useful that might be at some point.

pumpkinpies

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi all - i just recently hacked my psp so i am not sure where to put games on the memory card.

i have a psp iso and in the OP it says to put in the /ISO/ folder but where is this ISO folder ?

i put an ISO folder in the Games folder with the iso in the ISO folder but the psp shows it as corrupted data

edit - found that the ISO folder needs to be in the root of the card so its all good !

Last edited by pumpkinpies,
Reactions: Alexander1970

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This kind of fits here, and I did some searching with out luck. I currently have a PSP-1001, I am looking at getting a PSP-3000 as I tend to use my PSP a lot for Emulation of older consoles and some of the great games on it...

The Japanese consoles have some nice looks and getting them from Japan on eBay is fairly cheap. The only thing that is holding me back as a Japanese menu that I cant read.

Do any of these CFW offer a region mod, so I can turn a Japanese PSP 3000 to US PSP-3000?

You can just change the language in the settings. No mod needed. I can confirm because I got the japanese ff crisis core psp. But you do need to use a mod to swap x and o to confirm.

Reactions: DavidinCT

eqprog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know where I can get information about concerting to psmf and patching in *bigger* psmf videos? This is to play on an emulator in higher resolution.

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Infinity 2.0; I need to update the tutorial.
This will be very helpfull. I buyed this console today. And i want play and finish Final Fantasy Type-0 English Patched. Last time i own psp 3004 in 2011 something like that. I dont remember those hacking guide now

Valzi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a modern guide somewhere? I just bought a PSP 2000 I want to put custom firmware on. (I did have PRO-C on a 1000, but the hardware broke.)

Trophies
XP
Is it possible to modify an ISO'S without breaking it?

Some games come with update.pbp's and I've tried to simply delete the directory an recompile with ISO with PowerISO but the game wouldn't even load. It just error'ed.

Is there somekind of application that I can use?
Also would like to do more - psp is my favorite handheld. I'd really like to explore as much as possible.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by zfreeman,

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I have an old version of CwCheats on my PSP and wish to upgrade it to the newest version 2.2 REVD [I believe is the newest] available. I intend to create the cheats on my own, as some of the ones in the downloaded DB's keeps crashing my PSP. Thus How do I uninstall it? I might have it on permanent when I installed it the first time. Then I can get to work with the artmoney.

FPSUsername

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there perhaps a thread with a list of game patches available?
Really curious if there's a patch for Gran Turismo PSP to unlock the working GT4 circuits.
Or maybe a patch for TDU which has the island teleporter and bugfixes (I remember that the Audi TT has a missing rim in one of the dealers)

Sneethan

Trophies
Website
cutt.ly
XP
Country
Australia
Okay so i am a little confused. I have a psp 1002 and am looking to mod it. Do i use infinity or am i fine with pro cipl flasher? Thanks.

El_Scorcho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Q - I found a cheap memory stick on ebay (or some other auction site), should I go for it?
A - No. Reseller sites and chinese sites are full of fakes and slow cards. Do yourself a favor and buy a real card from a real store. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Does this also apply to Memory Stick PRO Duo Adapters as well? Would there be a chance they can corrupt my micro sd card as well?

Jacobh

Trophies
XP
Country
Does this also apply to Memory Stick PRO Duo Adapters as well? Would there be a chance they can corrupt my micro sd card as well?

I think this was about counterfeit memory stick pro duo cards. The adapters are so cheap I don’t think there is much to be made by selling fake ones.

For the adapters, the ones that take two sd cards can more easily lead to corruption, but otherwise I believe they are all basically the same.

El_Scorcho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this was about counterfeit memory stick pro duo cards. The adapters are so cheap I don’t think there is much to be made by selling fake ones.

For the adapters, the ones that take two sd cards can more easily lead to corruption, but otherwise I believe they are all basically the same.
Alright just bought one, thanks for answering my question!

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I connected the USB cable to my PSP and it sits on please wait forever. I tried taking the battery out and wait for about 15 minutes and turn it back on, still the same. So then I was like, let's do the Memory Stick in the card reader, but no. Nothing happens on both my PC and the laptop. It's a Sandisk M2 4GB that sits in a Sony M2 Duo Adapter. It works fine with the PSP itself. I deleted some save data that was still on there. And for whatever reason there was some homebrew on there that didn't even work, because it isn't even hacked lol. Got the PSP from someone a year ago and finally decided to take a look at it.
The PSP is a 2000 with firmware 6.00 and Date Code 7D.

So the question is: Why is the Memory Stick isn't even recognized by PCs?
Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended