OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You mean not installing the perm-patch so you have access to OFW for PSN and stuff? Not really needed. PSN can be accessed in hacked mode anyways, and even with the permanent patches you can hold Select or the Home button (depending on the patch used) to boot into OFW anyways if needed.

Retrovertigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok that's cool. Been out of touch for ages and wasn't sure if the cfw would affect me getting psx games on the store on my PS3 and then transfering them to my PSP. Thanks :)

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So if I want to play Dissidia 012 or BBS Final Mix, then I'm stuck with temporary CFW?
I checked Wikipedia and apparently both those games require a firmware than 6.20. Is there any way around this?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
All current PRO CFW's play those games, 6.20 or otherwise.You don't say what type of PSP you have either (wrt permanence on 6.60)

Also those games could alternatively be patched to work.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks.

also one other question.

i'm on system software 6.39 ME-97

and i can't download from the store at all... it keeps giving me an error code. let me know if this is fixable

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks Rydian for all your PSP information. You saved me quite a lot time. But I do have a question though:

I have purchased a used PSP Go with OFW 6.60 and therefore I can use only a temporary cfw without downgrading to 6.20. Are their any benefits in using temp 6.60 cfw rather than perm 6.20 cfw? Also I read that you can't use the game resume function with a 6.20 cfw. Is this true?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ok, I downgraded to 6.20 and installed a GBA and SNES emulator to see the difference between supercard dstwo's emulators. And you were right, the PSP wipes the floor with the DS. All my games that have issues on the dstwo work a lot better with some adjustments. And the screen is gorgeous.

One last question: Can I use the PS Store with the PRO-C firmware or do I have to update to the lastest OFW?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
We haven't seen any account bans on the PSP. We have seen console bans, but none of those were from just having CFW, they were done by doing things you wouldn't normally be able to do anyways, such as re-activating the same PSP with the PSN account more than five times without deactivating it in-between...

Reactions: 1 person

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmm, okay. I'm pretty clueless on PSP hacking and I figured I can ask them here.
I'm moving up from my hacked M33-6 5.00 PSP1000 model to a OFW 6.39 PSP3000 one. I want to ask, which CFW is suited for the best compatibilies for both homebrew and ISO/CSO for the 3000? And will said CFW have a recovery menu just like M33-5.00 has? Lastly with the CFW that's mentioned, if I permenently install the hack (avoiding the temporary option), will I be able to downgrade or upgrade from that CFW in the future?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
PRO is the CFW recommended here. It has versions for 6.20, 6.39, and 6.60, and (outside of some minor OFW-based differences) they're functionally identical. Same homebrew/ISO compatibility.

Yes, PRO has a recovery menu, it's built in the same manner as the M33/GEN one, with more options.

Yes, the permanent versions can be undone. Unlike older firmwares, the new CFWs are installed and uninstalled in parts, they don't have to flash entire images to set themselves up now.

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your fast and informative reply! I've already begun hacking and first prompted PROUPDATE. I installed PSPident to ensure if CFW can be flashed onto my 3000. This is the screenshot:
8odWy.png

My question is will my motherboard allowed the CFW to be flashed onto it? I'm unsure. I read somewhere that 88 v3 version cannot be flashed onto. Although, I'm not sure if mine can being that it's a 95v2...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
None of the 3K models can use the 6.60 permanent hack (as it uses the cIPL method). They killed that off sometime during the 2000 series.

If you're not already on 6.20 you'll want to downgrade to it with the instructions in the first post of the hacking sticky. Once on 6.20 you can use 6.20's permanent method (as it uses a software method that works on any PSP model).

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, I'm confused, I'm on FW 6.39... Not 6.60. It seems like 6.60 FW won't allowed flashing, but are you saying that 6.39 won't allow it either?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The software patch that 6.20 uses for permanent mode was fixed in 6.30 (the version after 6.20), so any software version after 6.20 needs to use the cIPL patch for permanent. This doesn't work on anything later than a midrange 2000 though.

6.39 is rarely mentioned because it has the downsides of 6.60 (less patch methods available) without the minor bug fixes and such that 6.60 brought, so people might as well use 6.60 or downgrade to 6.20.

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm more and more understanding this. I have a new question. According to the hacking thread, my 3000 with 6.39 is seemingly eliaible for downgrade, although my motherboard type is 09g. Can it still accept a downgrade? Also, how can I tell if my psp has had the 6.20 FW? (This 3000 had a previous owner.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome